• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Sunday River - 11/22/06

ga2ski

Well today was Day 1 of the season for me. It was fun and it is amazing the amount of snow that was on the hill given what mother nature has thrown at us. That being said the trails today were definitely intermediate/expert as was expected.

Upon arriving at 9:30, I quickly got dressed and hit the Barker quad. I was surprised to learn that we were skiing top to bottom on Jungle road, Upper Punch, Upper Cascades to Over Easy to Lower Monday Morning. The snowguns were still blasting but by the fourth run or so (about 10:30) the guns were turned off as temps rose to the upper thirtys today. Ecstacy opened sometime around 11 or 12. Also the Locke mid station was loading to take you up to ski the top of Upper Punch.

As I said before the trails were definitely intermediate (mainly due to waterbars that need to be filled to smooth things out) however I saw all levels skiing. Hopefully the groomers will be able to get out tonight or tomorrow and smooth things out. Plus I'm guessing the guns are recoating trails as I type.

Best trail today was the soft and supple snow in the sunshine on Cascades. A few spots got scratchy around 1, but that can be expected on any day even in the middle of the season.

Oh yeah there was park with three rails located justr below Grand junction.

Well folks have a great Thanksgiving. I'll see you back on the slopes on Sunday.

Sorry no Pictures I left the camera at home in NH. .. guess I was too excited to get out on the hill.

ga2ski

I'm sure I must have. Look at my avatar. I was waering the same clothes. i was on monday morning when patrol was shoveling so we weren't far away from each other .. not that we could have been with the limited amount of terrain.

If you are up that way alot we will have to meet up. I'm there pretty much every weekend and powder day.

klrskiah

If you were on tele, i saw you go by as i was umm catching my breath on monday morning. And yah im either there of at sugarloaf pretty much every weekend, and pow days. Im a senior in HS this year so im hoping for lots of mid week pow days!