• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Sunday River 11-25-07 Mini AZ gathering

Sorry dude, but you were the one that chimed in here at post #3 with an attitude...

You came out swinging....no offense.

I jsut think that this is early season. It is either good or awful imho. So lets get back to hype. Trail count, lift count, snow count....there is always a fast and furious fight to see who opens first.

Also, Some people don't have the lux of having a season pass and a ski house can't judge. Some of us have to read and take it for what it is worth. You log on and read how great things are and decide to do the road trip cus you everyone online says it is awesome & you have the time......then...................Who is gonna pay 52beans for a lift ticket on a Sunday to ski limited terrain? Then find out that the Mnt opens @9am not the posted 8am? Hey it is a risk. I think it is worth it. But Hype. Yeh I wouldn't buy into the hype!

Welcome to the forum WooHoo! Even if you do snowboard!

Greg

Staff member

None taken. But when 2 out of of the first 3 posts from someone are made just to bash Sunday River or Maine skiing in general, I can question their motive or credibility, can't I? Especially when they were made based on no actual experience of the claimed "hype"...

With that said, perhaps I was a bit harsh so I apologize. Welcome to AZ, WoooHoooo.

WoooHoooo

Sorry dude, but you were the one that chimed in here at post #3 with an attitude...

Sorry if you thought I had an attitude. But be 44, snowboard for the last 20+ years and skied since I was 4, Not alot of love shown at the old River. Ridden and skied all over the country and BC, never take myself to serious just looking for fun in the snow. Guranteed to ride at The River soon, hoping to feel the love and be impressed with the great atmosphere and tremendous terrain. Wooo Hoooo!!!!!!!! Lets all have fun, love the forum:oops:

Greg

Staff member
Sorry if you thought I had an attitude. But be 44, snowboard for the last 20+ years and skied since I was 4, Not alot of love shown at the old River. Ridden and skied all over the country and BC, never take myself to serious just looking for fun in the snow. Guranteed to ride at The River soon, hoping to feel the love and be impressed with the great atmosphere and tremendous terrain. Wooo Hoooo!!!!!!!! Lets all have fun, love the forum:oops:

No worries. Welcome again.

WoooHoooo

I jsut think that this is early season. It is either good or awful imho. So lets get back to hype. Trail count, lift count, snow count....there is always a fast and furious fight to see who opens first.

Also, Some people don't have the lux of having a season pass and a ski house can't judge. Some of us have to read and take it for what it is worth. You log on and read how great things are and decide to do the road trip cus you everyone online says it is awesome & you have the time......then...................Who is gonna pay 52beans for a lift ticket on a Sunday to ski limited terrain? Then find out that the Mnt opens @9am not the posted 8am? Hey it is a risk. I think it is worth it. But Hype. Yeh I wouldn't buy into the hype!

Welcome to the forum WooHoo! Even if you do snowboard!

Thanks Free heel

I also play tennis, I am a member of a great indoor club, always looking for new opponents. Everyone enjoy a great weekend of Riding and or Skiing. Wooo Hoooo!!!!!:spin:

ga2ski

Snow at the river has been great .. . it is like snowmaking system has been unleashed after being semi caged over the past few years. If you like what you saw over the past few years at the river you will be even happier this year. If you did not like what you saw in terms of snowmaking, then this season is not like past seasons, give it a try. They are expanding rapidly while resurfacing trails as need be.

Weather permitting we are looking for 35 trails plus on 4 peaks tis weekend.

loafer89

It's been a buzy last two days at work for me and I have not had time to post these pictures earlier, but here are three more pictures from Sunday River:

BobR and crew:

AZGathering.jpg

Risky Business:

RiskyBusiness-1.jpg

11-24-07 snowmaking on Escapade:

SnowmakingonEscapade.jpg

Last edited:

Vortex

So getting back to it. Take what you can from the reports.

All that have posted recently about the conditions here in this thread....Thaller1,Ga2ski,Terry,Loafer89 and myself were previous pass (ASC holders) I believe the big O was one also. A few of you here are new so I get you don't have background on us.

We all feel it really has been amazing so far.

The point about property owners and pass holders was a valid one.

You have a few different groups in this thread. Locals, long time community members, day trippers. Hope some of this info helps you spend your dollars wisely.

I'll mellow. Just king of blend before ya bash was my point. If you come to the river Pm me. I'll show you the hype over a run or two.

Last edited:

Vortex

It's been a buzy last two days at work for me and I have not had time to post these pictures earlier, but here are three more pictures from Sunday River:

BobR and crew:

AZGathering.jpg

Risky Business:

RiskyBusiness-1.jpg

11-24-07 snowmaking on Escapade:

SnowmakingonEscapade.jpg

that is W Loafrer89's son on the left. Me, Terry and Mrs Terry.:razz:

loafer89

I just purchased the Bronze season pass for Warren and myself. It was a big expense for us, but I am impressed with the conditions at sunday River so we went for it. I will probably be there for sunday-monday.