• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Sunday River 22-23

thebigo

Awesome, thank you for the update.

Rode up at K with two loon snowmakers today, said they would be ready for the 17th.

Hawk

My buddy and his family hiked it yesterday and skied most of the way down. He said it was not bad but the cover is not going to last if it rains tomorrow.

machski

View attachment 59418

Appear to be simultaneously blowing on locke.
They always have been able to do east side and west side. What they haven;t been able to do ever until now is make all 3 Jordan trails TTB simultaneously. They just didn't have the water push to the west regardless of what they were doing on the East side. Now they do have that push west and the main feed up from the river allows them to push a ton both east and west simultaneously. I would think once the race trails are set up, that East push will go to Spruce/North/SoRidge to prep the connection to Jordan next. And once Jordan is set, the west push shifts to Aurora to complete the link and add that pod in.

Newpylong

No one has a better water distribution setup now as SR and Mount Snow thanks to Brendan. The ability to get as much water as they can where they want it cannot be overstated.

drjeff

No one has a better water distribution setup now as SR and Mount Snow thanks to Brendan. The ability to get as much water as they can where they want it cannot be overstated.
I know that Brendan has some selct detractors here and there, (not me) but with the engineering he did with the big opportunities 1st Peak at Mount Snow, then with some much more limited work at Wildcat and now with Boyne at Sunday River they guy fully gets what some big thinking can do with respect to moving large amounts of water to make a bunch of snow at once!

I have a couple of friends by my home in CT who are Sunday River condo owners, and over this Summer I was telling them that wait until they see what an upgrade their snowmaking system was getting, and how much more terrain at once they'll be able to make snow on. They looked at me a bit skeptically. I might have to already cash in on the friendly wager of a beer I made with one of them this coming weekend if I see him at the golf course ;)

bumpcrasher

Does anyone have any word on whether they may be opening this weekend?? Any information is much appreciated!!

machski

Does anyone have any word on whether they may be opening this weekend?? Any information is much appreciated!!
If they open this weekend, I wouldn't expect anything other than Sunday. They are getting snow currently, but at 29F with precip, the snowmaking isn't going to be very efficient in that wet bulb range. Tonight isn't suppose to cool and tomorrow will be in the mid 40's, so most snowmaking offline most likely til tomorrow night. Then they have a pretty good window that runs into Wednesday. So depending on where they are on the lower portion of Lolla, I could see a soft open Sunday with just Lolla. I say that because until yesterday, the lower 2/3 of Rogue and none of Excalinur had seen any snowmaking prior.

BodeMiller1

SKI ESTA 6:34ish
Looks like a dusting overnight. It's snowing on top of Mt Washington.

Attachments

• SR.jpg
    SR.jpg
    49 KB · Views: 9

machski

They have guns going on T2 and pretty sure Jordan too but hard to see that far from Intervale RD. That said, Rogue and Excalibur are a ways off and I had hoped Lolla was close, but as of yesterday, better than the other 2 but not by much.
1000003121.jpg
1000003101.jpg
1000003093.jpg
1000003089.jpg