• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Sunday River Top to Bottom for Sunday?

joshua segal

Website
skikabbalah.com
While this is an SR thread, could any of you speak to the lines (or lack thereof) at any of the open areas mentioned. I heard that BW was pretty sketchy. Can anyone confirm that? And nobody mentioned the Loaf!

deadheadskier

Staff member
Wildcat conditions were great. Almost wall to wall only Lynx with only one small area of a bit of dirt showing through down near the base as you cut over to the last steep pitch on Catenary. A few hours of snowmaking should fix that. One more evening on snowmaking and Lynx will be completely wall to wall and I'm sure they'll be moving on to Polecat. We were like the 10th chair up or so, no line after those initial chairs.

BW had a lot more bare spots. They had started blowing on some other terrain already though. I'd imagine a couple of days worth of snowmaking and they'll have two trails open TtB for the weekend. No lift lines at BW yesterday; a bit bigger crowd than Wildcat, but I think that's because Wildcat didn't announce opening until 9:45PM the night before.

joshua segal

Website
skikabbalah.com
Wildcat conditions were great. Almost wall to wall only Lynx with only one small area of a bit of dirt showing through down near the base as you cut over to the last steep pitch on Catenary. ..., no line after those initial chairs.

BW had a lot more bare spots. They had started blowing on some other terrain already though. .... No lift lines at BW yesterday;....
Thanks for that info. So it seems like Killington - higher price and all, was the only one with a humongous line! Interesting!

deadheadskier

Staff member
That's the NY market for you.

Boston is spreading out between SR, SL, WC, BW & K. No one from NY is driving anywhere but K in all likely hood.

The last time I hit K when it was only it and SR, the lines sucked. I'll wait for TtB and both Snowdon and Superstar chairs are going before going there this year.

ScottySkis

DHS I sent you a pm this morning I need tyour help unrlated tho this thriead ny vs maine ofr lobster please help DHS

yeggous

Boston is spreading out between SR, SL, WC, BW & K. No one from NY is driving anywhere but K in all likely hood.

The last time I hit K when it was only it and SR, the lines sucked. I'll wait for TtB and both Snowdon and Superstar chairs are going before going there this year.
True story. People from real New England know better than to go to Killington this time of year. We'll pick one of the other mountains with lower prices, more terrain, faster lifts, and no crowds.

Sent from my iPad using AlpineZone mobile app

joshua segal

Website
skikabbalah.com

I suspect you are right on with regard to Killington. Today, beyond locals, I spoke with people from the Boston area, greater NYC, NJ, PA, NY Capital District and even a season pass holder from Delaware.

The key thing with lines at Killington: Stay away from there on weekends. My favorite skiing oxymoron: "No one skis there. It's too crowded." To me, the loss of the South Ridge Chair was huge. It was the one place that one could go to avoid the crowds - even on crowded weekends.

ScottySkis

I would just like to see DHS respond to this post. Somehow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That would be funny. A sent DHS a pm asking him to update my picture profile but he gave some advice it was not have any thing to due with this trhreaddddddddddddddd hike. K and Sunday river and all who open early and make snow for us fussy customers thanks debate ti out.

donate_legalizeit_button.png

deadheadskier

Staff member
:lol:

I'm not sure where the lobster came crawling along for Scotty, but it appears the signature fix worked out ok.

And Lobster > Crab all day, every day.

I recently partook in a huge Alaskan King Crab feast out in Seattle. I think I lost weight just trying to eat the damn things. Lobster, so much easier to crack, so much more meat and far tastier.

The Crabs got the better TV show though

MadMadWorld

His description of his picture is wrong though. It's Star Trek not Star Wars there Scotty!

I prefer lobster as well I was just trying to spark a new thread.

Tin

The way they do crab down in Baltimore is pretty damn good. Once a lobster is over a pound and a half it isn't worth it imo, unless it is being use for other things that lobster should not be used for (mac n cheese, etc.)