• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Sunday River Top to Bottom for Sunday?

VTKilarney

Holy crap.That pizza looks like the real deal but $24 for a large cheese pepperoni?
Pepperoni is $5.75 extra.

Their Garden Pizza is $30.00 for a large. What do you get for your $30? Fresh tomatoes, mozzarella, onion, zucchini, and basil.

That's insane!

deadheadskier

Staff member
I'd rather pay $30 for a large Sally's or something of that quality (never been) than $15 for a large Anywhere's House of Pizza.

It's like comparing a Ruth Chris Steakhouse to an Outback Steakhouse.

Unfortunately, all we've got in NH is garbage pizza. 900 degrees in Manchester & now Epping is good, but not amazing. We've got 3 garbage pizza joints in my town. I don't think I've ordered from any of them in 4 years. I just make my own dough and sauce and prepare pizza at home when I want it. My pizza is good, but not amazing as I don't have the proper oven for it.

yeggous

I'd rather pay $30 for a large Sally's or something of that quality (never been) than $15 for a large Anywhere's House of Pizza.

It's like comparing a Ruth Chris Steakhouse to an Outback Steakhouse.

Unfortunately, all we've got in NH is garbage pizza. 900 degrees in Manchester & now Epping is good, but not amazing. We've got 3 garbage pizza joints in my town. I don't think I've ordered from any of them in 4 years. I just make my own dough and sauce and prepare pizza at home when I want it. My pizza is good, but not amazing as I don't have the proper oven for it.

True story. I spent 5 years in New Haven and the only part that I miss is the pizza. Flatbread is okay, but not the same. At least Pepes is moving in this direction.

steamboat1

I'm sure that some New Yorkers probably get sick of their awesome thin crust pizza.
No not really. All pizzarias are not created equal though, even here in NYC. I'm lucky to have a very good one close to my house. My favorite slice pictured below. Fresh mozz, fresh crushed tomato, sliced basil & then sprinkled with romano cheese. Simple but delicious.

attachment.php

Attachments

• original p.jpg
    original p.jpg
    26.2 KB · Views: 103

deadheadskier

Staff member
Wonder how good the Pepe's will be. It's hard to replicate an old oven and what the seasoning imparts on the pie. For instance, the Santarpio's in Peabody while very good is not quite at the level of the East Boston original IMO.

Tin

SR is blowing again on Right Stuff and other routes to get to the bottom...meanwhile in VT K is "refreshing North Ridge and is leaving Snowdon as is. There is some snow in the area looking at the cams but no guns firing.

dlague

So do they or Wildcat win the fall?

I think there have been several wins:

Sunday River for being the first true lift serve
Wildcat for the first true T2B with greatest amount of vertical
Killington for sustained opening through the week

Honorable mentions Bretton Woods and Sugarloaf

Caught off guard - Killington. They played it safe and much of the attention in the media went to Bretton Woods and Wildcat this past weekend. Even Sunday River stole the attention the weekend before with their announcements.

Overall - great PR for all of them!

deadheadskier

Staff member
They'll win the receipt battle because of location, not because of product. SR, Wildcat and even BW are all offering a more compelling ski product right now. Hell, Sugarloaf will probably ring the least, yet they have the most compelling offering of anywhere open right now. I'd love to spend a day ripping Tote and King's right now, but I'm not driving 6 hours round trip for the day to do it.

Smellytele

Since K will probably take in the most receipts even with all the 2fers floating around I'd hardly call that fail. It is a business after all.

If we were only talking money then the ones open who are probably all losing money are failing. At this point in the season it isn't about making money right now but good will and future earnings.

Dickc

Wonder how good the Pepe's will be. It's hard to replicate an old oven and what the seasoning imparts on the pie. For instance, the Santarpio's in Peabody while very good is not quite at the level of the East Boston original IMO.
Never even knew it was there. Will have to give it a try as I live only a few miles away.