• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Sundown 3/22 My daughters first day.

2knees

Date(s) Skied: 3/22

Resort or Ski Area: Sundown

Conditions:

Trip Report: took my daughter out for a lesson this morning.

IMG_06961.JPG

now thats what its all about.

btw, they still have a ton of snow, kickers were still on temptor and they seem to be leaning toward opening next weekend too. ton of people there, for a late march day. good to see.

wa-loaf

Nice, get em out early. How old is she? My daughter is bummed because we can't ski anymore this year and at $50 for a 1/2 day session (weekday) I'm not springing for anymore lessons this year.

Grassi21

Good to see you were able to move today and get her out. Taking it easy on Friday was worth it. :)

2knees

Nice, get em out early. How old is she? My daughter is bummed because we can't ski anymore this year and at $50 for a 1/2 day session (weekday) I'm not springing for anymore lessons this year.

she turned 4 in february. been asking for a while to go so i promised her i would take her today. she loved it.

Nice Pat!! Did you get bump skies for her?:wink:

ahh you kid but i'll be pushing her in that direction!!!!

Wonderful! What did she think of it? How long did she last? Did you guys do the Easter egg hunt, too?

She absolutely loved it. she ended up taking two runs off the sunnyside chair. She was telling the instructor that she wanted to ski the "big cliff". the egg hunt was during her lesson. i screwed up the times and ended up paying through the nose for a private lesson. The guy was really really nice. I think Kevin was his name.

Good to see you were able to move today and get her out. Taking it easy on Friday was worth it. :)

yeah, today was my main motivation for skiing slowly on friday. like i said at dinner, i couldnt bear the thought of telling her i was too hurt to go today.

Greg

Staff member
She absolutely loved it. she ended up taking two runs off the sunnyside chair. She was telling the instructor that she wanted to ski the "big cliff". the egg hunt was during her lesson. i screwed up the times and ended up paying through the nose for a private lesson. The guy was really really nice. I think Kevin was his name.

Nice! Very impressed on a couple of accomplishments. First, getting her to head out with an instructor. My daughter has not enjoyed any of the lessons I put her in. She would rather just ski with me. Secondly, great that she got on the double on her first day. It took me a whole season to get that far and I had to get her on the chair using a bit of tough love on her last day last season. Looks like your daughter inherited your ski genes. :) Abby and I will see you out there next year for sure!

Did you sneak away for some runs on Temptor? I know you said the kickers were still there. How were the bumps?

2knees

Abby and I will see you out there next year for sure!

ABSOLUTELY!

Did you sneak away for some runs on Temptor? I know you said the kickers were still there. How were the bumps?

Didnt ski. I sat on the bench, took some video of her and drank my coffee. I'm gonna ski with her next weekend. no lesson, just me and her.

Greg

Staff member
Didnt ski. I sat on the bench, took some video of her and drank my coffee. I'm gonna ski with her next weekend. no lesson, just me and her.

Lemme know when. Abby might get a kick out of that. I really want to get her out once more but this weekend is shaping up to be tough. Maybe Sunday.

Greg

Staff member
BTW, look at all that snow..... :-o I really wish they were open midweek. :(

2knees

BTW, look at all that snow..... :-o I really wish they were open midweek. :(

The have a ridiculous amount of snow. I have no doubt that with a little cat work pushing snow around, they could make mid-april. Obviously, that aint gonna happen cause no one is going to show up. But could you imagine a top to bottom-side to side bumped up gunbarrel on a bluebird 60 degree April day? I wouldnt even dream of going north if that happened. there would be absolutely no reason to.

I wouldnt doubt it if they have the deepest base south of vermont.

Greg

Staff member
But could you imagine a top to bottom-side to side bumped up gunbarrel on a bluebird 60 degree April day?

Please shut the hell up because you're making me depressed.

Now, with that said, Email Chris and Jarrod and ask them to truck all the snow all over the mountain over to Gunny and seed that bitch. We can have the new Superstar right in our back yards.... :flag:

*Smacks face* Wake up Greg... :smash:

2knees

Please shut the hell up because you're making me depressed.

Now, with that said, Email Chris and Jarrod and ask them to truck all the snow all over the mountain over to Gunny and seed that bitch. We can have the new Superstar right in our back yards.... :flag:

*Smacks face* Wake up Greg... :smash:

sorry. i was dreaming there. I just looked that the extended forecast. WTF is it with this weather? More multiple days of rain just in time for the weekend. Which will keep whatever crowds were left away which probably means this weekend will be the last, if at all.

now i'm really really bummin.

bvibert

Staff member
sorry. i was dreaming there. I just looked that the extended forecast. WTF is it with this weather? More multiple days of rain just in time for the weekend. Which will keep whatever crowds were left away which probably means this weekend will be the last, if at all.

now i'm really really bummin.

The way the weather is looking I'm wondering if they're going to open at all this weekend.. :(

Paul

One of my favorite days this year was at Mohawk with my daughter. Just the two of us. It really is a pleasure.

Stop with the weather talk, Haven't been out since then (3/2) thanks to weather and viral maladies. :angry:

severine

Website
poetinthepantry.com
The way the weather is looking I'm wondering if they're going to open at all this weekend.. :(
Don't remind me. After missing out on last night, I'm seriously depressed right now. No night skiing anywhere nearby either, so I can't even take advantage of what's still open before the rain comes this weekend.