• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

SuperPasses 20/21

thebigo

AAAGGGHHHH!
what to do? I am leaning NE epic as it gives me Wildcat and Stowe and locally Sunapee and the Crotch. Also it states 50% off at their western properties. I have to visit CO to check out Colleges with my son so that could come in handy.

But Ikon would give me a few CO places like my favorite Abasin and could upgrade to JH as I may head out that way to hit Big Sky as well. Also unlimited Sugarbush would be nice as my son goes to school in VT and could get the college pass again. But nothing local to me and I would have to ski Loon in NH for 5 days which would kill me knowing Cannon was right up the road...

AAARRRGGGHHHH!!!

How does it make sense to go new england epic if there is even a chance you will be in colorado, epic local is only a $130 premium.

In the same boat on ikon. Really wish there was another nh option other than loon. Older daughter will be on competitive mogul team next year which means weekends at sl and sr, really scared vail is going to screw up early season at cat which means buying sr or k walk up tickets and we usually buy k spring passes to cover april vacation/may. If only sugarbush would stay open for nh april vacation week the ikon numbers would work but I cannot tell the wife I need to buy two k spring passes next week, two ikon passes in a couple of weeks and four epic passes in a few months. From what I hear divorce is more expensive than the walk up rate.

Last edited:

skicub

Is the NE bronze pass more expensive than it has been in years past? I haven’t bought since 2018, but 549 seems high considering all the other options in the neighborhood. 339 midweek NE-Epic seems like a great deal in comparison....

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone

Smellytele

How does it make sense to go new england epic if there is even a chance you will be in colorado, epic local is only a $130 premium.

In the same boat on ikon. Really wish there was another nh option other than loon. Older daughter will be on competitive mogul team next year which means weekends at sl and sr, really scared vail is going to screw up early season at cat which means buying sr or k walk up tickets and we usually buy k spring passes to cover april vacation/may. If only sugarbush would stay open for nh april vacation week the ikon numbers would work but I cannot tell the wife I need to buy two k spring passes next week, two ikon passes in a couple of weeks and four epic passes in a few months. From what I hear divorce is more expensive than the walk up rate.

Well if I am reading it right the NE pass does give you

[FONT=&quot]Discount Tickets: [/FONT][FONT=&quot]Pass holders are also eligible for Advanced Lift Ticket rates at Vail, Beaver Creek and Whistler Blackcomb during blackout dates and 50% off window lift ticket rates at all other Vail Resorts owned and operated mountains.

So it could save me a little out West. [/FONT]

jimmywilson69

that $130 premium is 1 day at a Vail property out west. I took my son out west while he was home over Christmas break. we went 1/8-1/12 so no "holiday rates". my "discount" 2 day buddy ticket for him at Breck cost me $254 and then it was another $118 with my ski with friends discount at Keystone. I'd agree that if you think you're going to CO I'd just spend the $130 now, then you have more incentive to go to CO.

Zermatt

Any idea how long the early pricing last for Ikon (and the discounted child passes)?

Epic really screws the younger age groups compared to Ikon. You know, the families that spend the most on the mountain.

prsboogie

Any idea how long the early pricing last for Ikon (and the discounted child passes)?

Epic really screws the younger age groups compared to Ikon. You know, the families that spend the most on the mountain.
13-18 age group is really a big jump from the $379 in the 6-12 group

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

machski

Is the NE bronze pass more expensive than it has been in years past? I haven’t bought since 2018, but 549 seems high considering all the other options in the neighborhood. 339 midweek NE-Epic seems like a great deal in comparison....

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone
All the NEP's went up again this year, and they all went up last year too. Boyne has to pay for all the fancy new 8 seat chairs going in, doubt Doppelmayr is in the habit of giving those away!

An argument can definitely be made that Boyne's NEP is no longer competitively prices in the Northeast. I'm locked as I own slopeside at SR and still consider it a good deal given length of season and western benefits at Boyne resorts. But yeah, the Sugarbush crowd definitely made out better I'd say pass-wise.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using AlpineZone mobile app

Edd

An argument can definitely be made that Boyne's NEP is no longer competitively prices in the Northeast. I'm locked as I own slopeside at SR and still consider it a good deal given length of season and western benefits at Boyne resorts. But yeah, the Sugarbush crowd definitely made out better I'd say pass-wise.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using AlpineZone mobile app

It’s very situational, as you indicate. I’m getting an Epic Military Pass for next year at about $559. Its unrestricted access at all Vail properties in North America.

Then, I’ve already bought a Cranmore/Bretton Woods Pass for next year at $525. Sun-Fri.

To compare the value between these passes is laughable. But, I spend a lot of time in the MWV and my wife loves both of these hills. Both are pretty wind resistant and can be good when Wildcat isn’t so great. There’s always Attitash but I’m just not a big fan.

JimG.

Staff member
K 365 + Ikon base here I come!

An extra $400 for essentially unlimited access (I don't ski holidays much and I'm happy at K if I do) to Sugarbush and Stratton is a total no brainer for me.

The question is do I keep my NYS 3 in 1? If I don't this is a net savings for me, $400 additional if I keep it.

Leaning towards keeping it at this point to me that's a stout NE lineup!!!

JimG.

Staff member
Wow getting better and better! Just realized I can get a limited NYS 3 in 1 for $599 instead of the regular $759 pass. No holidays but so what.

That's $160 saved towards the extra $400 for the Killington 365 pass. $240 for SB and Stratton unlimited except for holidays now is really a no brainer.