• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Tastefully Simple

Trekchick

I'm going to a Tastefully simple party tonight and wonder if any of you have a suggestion for me on good stuff from their selections.

I know Carrie has some knowledge. Anyone else?

Greg

Staff member
My wife has gone to a bunch of these. I like the merlot sauce - great on burgers, steak and pork.

bvibert

Staff member
I recommend that you have your own party and hire Carrie as your consultant (you pay for travel expenses).

Seriously I've liked almost all of their stuff that I've tried (and I've had a LOT), which says a lot because I'm a pretty picky eater. Unfortunately I just eat it so I have no idea what any of it's called. ;)

Dr Skimeister

A good friend of my wife's is a TS consultant....lots of product moves through this house. One of my favorites is the Pomegranate Chipotle Sauce. We use it as a marinade or poured over a block of cream cheese and then eaten as an appetizer with crackers. Yum

deadheadskier

Staff member
Surprisingly, I've never heard of such a thing. Sure as heck beats a better half blowing dough at an Avon or Silpada Jewelry Party. :rolleyes:

I wonder if the consultants get paid in the same pyramid type fashion.

Trekchick

I love the potato soup, and the carmel sauce.
It seems that I had a keylime mix of some sort once, too.
The best seasoning is the Wahoo chili!!

deadheadskier

Staff member
Based on the two of yours secretive ways regarding A-Basin, I would've figured a Jack and Jill party would be more your speed :lol:

severine

Website
poetinthepantry.com
I recommend that you have your own party and hire Carrie as your consultant (you pay for travel expenses).

Seriously I've liked almost all of their stuff that I've tried (and I've had a LOT), which says a lot because I'm a pretty picky eater. Unfortunately I just eat it so I have no idea what any of it's called. ;)
I can do an online book party for you! ;)
Surprisingly, I've never heard of such a thing. Sure as heck beats a better half blowing dough at an Avon or Silpada Jewelry Party. :rolleyes:

I wonder if the consultants get paid in the same pyramid type fashion.
Yes, same sort of thing like Avon as far as payment. The higher up and more consultants you have under you, the more money you make. I'm just a lowly consultant with no recruits under me so I only make a % off my own sales (and I have to pay out host benefits out of that % so if it's a straight up reorder, I make more money than I do at parties).

Still, everybody eats, right? :D

Recommendations:
Merlot Sauce (I use it in beef stew, mainly)
Pomegranate Chipotle Sauce (great on pork)
Sweet Southern Barbecue Sauce (obviously chicken and pork, dipping, but also meatloaf!)
Onion Onion seasoning (because I forget about onions and then they sprout and are no good anymore)
Garlic Garlic seasoning (see onions)
Spinach & Herb seasoning (just a great seasoning)
Butterscotch Brickle Cheese Ball Mix (makes an awesome no-bake cheesecake)
Berry Tempting Topper (tasty mixed in pancake mix)
Absolutely Almond Pound Cake (devoured pretty quickly in our house!)

If anybody truly is interested, you can always PM or email me for more info. ;)

severine

Website
poetinthepantry.com
I love the potato soup, and the carmel sauce.
It seems that I had a keylime mix of some sort once, too.
The best seasoning is the Wahoo chili!!
Key Lime Cheese Ball :D

I can't shill for customers/parties on the internet; it's against company policy. But if somebody asks a question, I can certainly answer. :D

Trekchick

I can shill for you
I ate too much at this party, sampling all the great stuff!!!

Here's what I got:
Almond Poundcake
Cinnamon Muffin Melt Mix
Bayou Burbon Glaze
Chocolate Poundcake
creamy Carmel sauce
Creamy Wild Rice Soup Mix
Italian Marinara sauce
Gingersnappy Bread and Frosting mix
Go Go Asiagio Dip Mix
Hot Fudge Sauce
Merlot Sauce
Perfect Parmesean biscuit mix
Potato Cheddar Soup Mix
Pine nut & Basil Pesto mix
Pomegranate Chipolte sauce
Wheat Bear Bread mix
Spicy Cucumber dip mix

I'm stocked!

If anyone wants to know why I stocked up with this stuff I'll be happy to tell you. There was only one thing I tasted tonight that I wasn't excited about but that was just my personal taste.

Mmmmmm!

Marc

Website
www.marcpmc.com
Pmegranate Chipotle sauce?

Some of this stuff doesn't sound like what I'd call "simple."

I cook simple, but most people like my cooking. And that's because the cooking is only maybe 1/3 of good food preparation. Most of it is in the ingredients, which is why I typically only cook with stuff I've grown myself and stored, or stuff in season at the time.

I'm seriously considering buying and keeping some chickens and beef cows. Once you go fresh it's hard to go back.

bvibert

Staff member

I cook simple, but most people like my cooking. And that's because the cooking is only maybe 1/3 of good food preparation. Most of it is in the ingredients, which is why I typically only cook with stuff I've grown myself and stored, or stuff in season at the time.

I'm seriously considering buying and keeping some chickens and beef cows. Once you go fresh it's hard to go back.

The simple part is that all the products are mixes or ready to go sauces, you just need to add some simple ingredients to make them, often just water.

severine

Website
poetinthepantry.com

Like Brian said, the simple part is that there isn't much that needs to be done; seasonings, already made sauce, etc. While I agree with you that fresher is better, not everyone has the time, inclination, desire, or talent to do such every day, every meal. Not necessarily meant as "you should use this stuff every day,all the time". On the other hand, the seasonings (for example) you could use every day.

I've been on both ends of the spectrum here and I know where you're coming from (heck, we did Nourishing Traditions/Weston A. Price for a couple months last year: nothing premade, make it all yourself from grass-fed, organic, RAW, etc. ingredients ... even to the point of soaking and then dehydrating your own raw nuts to make crispy nuts, or making a 24 hour chicken broth from carcass, chicken pieces, and veg... VERY time-consuming, I was cooking and cleaning up from cooking CONSTANTLY, and I hated it). Sometimes, a little convenience is nice. And if not, the seasonings are still great. Even my dad is hooked on the seasonings...

Marc

Website
www.marcpmc.com
Like Brian said, the simple part is that there isn't much that needs to be done; seasonings, already made sauce, etc. While I agree with you that fresher is better, not everyone has the time, inclination, desire, or talent to do such every day, every meal. Not necessarily meant as "you should use this stuff every day,all the time". On the other hand, the seasonings (for example) you could use every day.

I've been on both ends of the spectrum here and I know where you're coming from (heck, we did Nourishing Traditions/Weston A. Price for a couple months last year: nothing premade, make it all yourself from grass-fed, organic, RAW, etc. ingredients ... even to the point of soaking and then dehydrating your own raw nuts to make crispy nuts, or making a 24 hour chicken broth from carcass, chicken pieces, and veg... VERY time-consuming, I was cooking and cleaning up from cooking CONSTANTLY, and I hated it). Sometimes, a little convenience is nice. And if not, the seasonings are still great. Even my dad is hooked on the seasonings...

Hey, I'm not judging. I'm not an organic or naturalist freak or anything. That's why I used that big caveat "typically." I was just brought up in the rural, farming lifestyle, which often includes growing and harvesting or killing your own food. I like convenience too. And I hear you about the dishes, I don't even have a dishwasher in the farmhouse now. Suckx big time.