• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

The 2006 AlpineZone Ski Area Challenge: PATS PEAK

thetrailboss

Staff member
Lori Cayouette, the Director of Marketing and Sales at Pats Peak has agreed to take the 2006 Alpine Zone Challenge!!! This is your opportunity to ask questions, offer suggestions, or say some praise to the men and women who are in charge of the Northeast’s Ski Areas. Please post some suggested questions in this thread and we'll select ten to present for official responses.

Also please don't be offended if we edit/change your question for grammar, tone, or some other minor thing. In order to get in all of the questions we MAY merge some questions but we'll do our best to keep the substance of your question. If we don't get your question in, feel free to post a follow up after we get the results...we are encouraging the representatives follow the threads. :wink:

As always, please be respectful of Lori and keep it civil. Also, please refrain from asking specifics about skier visit numbers, financials, demographic information, etc. Pats Peak needs to be discrete about certain information.

We are honored to have Lori participate in this challenge—Pats Peak’s third. Please take advantage of this special opportunity!

Ask away!

Pats Peak’s 2004 Challenge Responses
Pats Peak’s 2005 Challenge Responses
Pats Peak’s Profile

Last edited:

thetrailboss

Staff member
Folks, this is a good one to participate in. From my experience, our input has been taken very seriously by the folks at Pats Peak. So this really counts! Ask away! :beer:

thetrailboss

Staff member
To get the ball rolling....

Lori, this was a very difficult season for many resorts. I hear many talk about the 1973 or so ski season as being equally difficult. I'm wondering, in general, how did you fare? I know that Pats Peak is used to having bad weather and not much snow, and has a great snowmaking system. What improvements or changes do you foresee in the next season or so to make things more efficient or better?

Vortex

Well last year we brought forth a racing team on Monday nights and we had a blast. It appears we are coming back for another year. Props to Jamie and his crew.

Any chance we could work a program that would allow our board members some discounts/special days or events at your resort.?

hammer

A few years ago, I remember that there was a mogul field on Hurricane. Are there any plans to make one again this season?

skiadikt

yeah tb i hope people contribute. have never been to pat's peak but this seems like a very worthwhile project. it's our chance to be heard. lori seemed very responsive to the input and gave great answers to the questions last time out. checked out their website and pat's seems like a great little area. they've made the most out of the hill and have many great programs. i love to hear about the success of these smaller, local areas in the face of the corporatization of the mega-resorts because after all, that's where most of us got our starts. and c'mon you have give it up to an area that makes some snow in the glades. hmm, snowmaking in the glades ... heresy i know, but a few well placed guns in the julio rock garden at k would make my skis very happy.

teachski

Website
teachski.com
Question:
How has the re-opening of Crotched Mountain and Granite Gorge impacted Pat's Peak, if at all?

Are there any plans to upgrade some of the remaining doubles at Pat's Peak in the near future?

thetrailboss

Staff member
How is the snowmaking project coming?

Any new terrain planned? New lifts?

Also, nice trail map this season. Niehaus did the mountain justice. One recurring question was what the trail that appears on the far right is supposed to represent?

ga2ski

As a member of the Monday Night Race League, I often wondered why Hurricane is not open for night skiing. It looks like a great trail and is already partially lit for the chairlift. Plus it would make for some nice night bump skiing under the lift and add one trail for racing, training, or free skiing on the groomed side. Any plans to open it at night?

Last edited:

thetrailboss

Staff member
I noticed that the pines were cut down this season. A real shame in my opinion. I know that it helped with sunlight on the deck, but the trees were a signature of the ski area and many of my pics have them in there.

Kudos on the work in the lodge.

nightingale

Now that Crotched has earned the title of best night skiing in Southern NH, how do you plan to catch up? :)

nightingale

thetrailboss said:
Where did you see that?
I didn't see it, I SAID it! :) Pat's is closer to the interstate, but in every other sub-category of night skiing it is clearly second (OK, they have good burgers.. )

thetrailboss

Staff member
nightingale said:
I didn't see it, I SAID it! :) Pat's is closer to the interstate, but in every other sub-category of night skiing it is clearly second (OK, they have good burgers.. )

Meaning what? Elaborate.

Tin Woodsman

thetrailboss said:
How is the snowmaking project coming?

Any new terrain planned? New lifts?

Also, nice trail map this season. Niehaus did the mountain justice. One recurring question was what the trail that appears on the far right is supposed to represent?
If I had to guess, I'd bet that's just supposed to be the road that comes over the shoulder of the hill to the southwest of Patr's Peak.