• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

The AlpineZone Battle Royal

andyzee

Website
www.nsmountainsports.com
Where is that shot taken?

powdery bumps are pretty fun cause you don't really have to make all those dumb little turns.

That shot was from Solitude, UT. There were no rocks under that, those were nice bumps to begin with then they got covered with 13" of snow.

P3070223.JPG

snoseek

Can you use Dalbello Kryptons or Full Tilts with them? Do they have the elasticity of the Look PX12? What about weight?

And I think BMM proved that bump skis can do more than just bumps. It just takes skill that turn earners just don't have. I can ski bumps with wider skis too, I just prefer not too; why would I?
You don't get it I'm not a tele skier.
Any ski boot made on the market clicks into my naxo's. They're as light as most normal downhill bindings and the heel locks for regular downhill performance. I put these on a nice light yet fat 101 with a 193 length and they ski just about anything out here perfect. This is a versatile set-up that I can take anywhere.

Yeah BMM can take his bump skis down MJ chutes on a powder but I think BMM is probably a ripping skier. I do think anyone who can zipperline bumps all day is def. amongst the best skiers on the hill, I just don't see how you don't get bored as hell skiing mogul all day.

2knees

Lets just all take a breath for a second and chill on the baseless generalizations. There are tele skiers who can rip bumps, some rather average AZers who can ski real steep stuff with some skill, some primarily bc skiers who can really ski bumps and most likely some who tend to survive them. You dont have to be a great skier to make bump skis work anywhere. And on and on. Since this thread has been rather devoid of any humor all day, I dont feel too ridiculous posting the above. :dunce:

snoseek

Lets just all take a breath for a second and chill on the baseless generalizations. There are tele skiers who can rip bumps, some rather average AZers who can ski real steep stuff with some skill, some primarily bc skiers who can really ski bumps and most likely some who tend to survive them. You dont have to be a great skier to make bump skis work anywhere. And on and on. Since this thread has been rather devoid of any humor all day, I dont feel too ridiculous posting the above. :dunce:

I should use more smilies when I post. None of this really matters anyway, just killin some time. For all you guys know I could be a prison inmate that read a bunch of skiing mags and have never even skied lol.:p:angry::p:angry::p

mondeo

Sorry. I get too into any debate. Have a debate about which is better, red or blue pens, tell me to support red, and I'll fiercely support red.

Obviously, I don't harbor grudges against any type of skier. It's the hikers I hate. :razz:

riverc0il

Website
www.thesnowway.com
Lets just all take a breath for a second and chill on the baseless generalizations.
Oh, c'mon. This is a "Battle Royal" thread. I will step aside from the spirit of the thread for a moment to say that half of what I wrote was not what I really think and not reality. Although I did exagerate a little bit, I am going to stick by the fact that any BC'er can bump but not all bump skiers BC so I think bump skiers dissing BC'ers is funny. But this thread ain't about dissing, it was a two way roast. At least that was how I interpreted things.

jack97

..... so I think bump skiers dissing BC'ers is funny.

Seems some BC claims better pictures... kind of reminds me of gapers during vacation week posing for the professional shooter. :razz:

Bumpers don't really care, it's about the terrain.

2knees

Oh, c'mon. This is a "Battle Royal" thread............ But this thread ain't about dissing, it was a two way roast. At least that was how I interpreted things.

You're right. I'm batting 0-fer in this thread. I lost sight of the original intent.

lol, tjf even got me to change my avatar.

snoseek

Wow .. the Bumpers and BC skiers tearing into each other like a pack of hungry wild dogs ...NICE I love it...

Listen up old man-snowboarders can't really do either efficiently. They suck in the bumps and don't know enough to get a splitboard in the b.c. so they destroy the track with either snowshoes (popular geriatric activity) or where those ghey little skis for hiking. Christ, most skiers are even showing them up in the terrain park these days. So that leaves you guys with the cord, mmmkay.:p

I'm going skiingnow so I hope when I come back the knucklheads will have some good responses. out:spread:

tjf67

You're right. I'm batting 0-fer in this thread. I lost sight of the original intent.

lol, tjf even got me to change my avatar.

HAHA Jeez It was a observation not a knock. I was skiing with one of those guys this year and he was pretty darn good. Would not even accept a push on the flats. Seeing as how I am on the topic now. What with the under the wrist pole plant. why not over the top. Little tired in that pic?
I have never taken the time to figure out how to post pics so its not really fair.

2knees

HAHA Jeez It was a observation not a knock. I was skiing with one of those guys this year and he was pretty darn good. Would not even accept a push on the flats. Seeing as how I am on the topic now. What with the under the wrist pole plant. why not over the top. Little tired in that pic?
I have never taken the time to figure out how to post pics so its not really fair.

I'm feeling vulnerable lately. :razz:

not sure what you mean by under the wrist pole plant.

ski_resort_observer

Website
www.firstlightphotographics.com
Wow, taking a break from mind numbing new website work thought I would check this thread for some laughs. What a pathetic showing. Only GSS and a few others are trying, half the posts are the usual boring postive comment with a following personal story that no one really gives a royal crap about.

Hell, even tj67 who hails from the old LP/Whiteface RSN forum that got banned at least 3 times for getting too rowdy is apologizing. Where is ghostrider when you need him?
Jeez It was a observation not a knock

We need a few maggots from TGR to join in to get this party rolling.

tjf67

Wow, taking a break from mind numbing new website work thought I would check this thread for some laughs. What a pathetic showing. Only GSS and a few others are trying, half the posts are the usual boring postive comment with a following personal story that no one really gives a royal crap about.

Hell, even tj67 who hails from the old LP/Whiteface RSN forum that got banned at least 3 times for getting too rowdy is apologizing. Where is ghostrider when you need him?

We need a few maggots from TGR to join in to get this party rolling.

Hey Now. I have never been banned from any forums in my life. take that back. Greg can verify.

Ghosty cant play anymore. Him and Greg broke up