• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

The dreaded spring time change

machski

Skiing at Loon today reminds me how I hate the new early spring forward. It's 2om now and things are just finally getting soft and playful and a below freezing night. Next week a similar day would mean it would be 3pm before the snow gets playful. Anyone else dress the shift Sunday morning this weekend?

cdskier

Skiing at Loon today reminds me how I hate the new early spring forward. It's 2om now and things are just finally getting soft and playful and a below freezing night. Next week a similar day would mean it would be 3pm before the snow gets playful. Anyone else dress the shift Sunday morning this weekend?
Not a fan of it happening this early.

Hoping areas change to 5pm close. Magic (and Sugarbush) did that in prior years. Not sure about others, or plans for this year. Makes sense: 9-5 rather than 8 or 8:30-4.

Sugarbush doesn't usually do that until the beginning of April though. I have no interest in seeing lift hours changed just yet and like being able to get out earlier in the morning before everyone else wakes up.

urungus

Today’s Alpine Update from Magic

This weekend daylight savings hits, and we move our Saturday operating hours to 9-5pm (3/13, 3/20, 3/27, 4/3) to get a little extra ski time and late day "rays". Sundays are now 9-4pm like our weekdays.

reefer

I like the time shift, no need to rush to the hill. Do agree for later lift hours. Was at Berkshire East today and same as Machski, things got good at 1:00 which would be 2:00 next week.

machski

Today’s Alpine Update from Magic

This weekend daylight savings hits, and we move our Saturday operating hours to 9-5pm (3/13, 3/20, 3/27, 4/3) to get a little extra ski time and late day "rays". Sundays are now 9-4pm like our weekdays.
Wish more woud do this. I asked Dana at Sunday River why they don't, his answer was simply pushback from lift ops and ski patrol specifically in that they would get home late on the weekends (Saturday's anyway). Bummer.

2Planker

Wish more woud do this. I asked Dana at Sunday River why they don't, his answer was simply pushback from lift ops and ski patrol specifically in that they would get home late on the weekends (Saturday's anyway). Bummer.
When I worked there we absolutly did 5pm last chair on Saturdays after the time change

Reactions: Edd

machski

I remember SR running late during the ASC period.
Of course that would mostly be before W changed the time change weekend from early April to this coming one.
So a bit of both. I think I can remember Barker turning til 5 but don't think under Boyne that was ever actual stated policy, just an extra they tossed out once in a while.

mlkrgr

Hate it... Wawa cut back their hours to 7 pm and they don't have their special where you can ski the day sessions on weekends for "free" this year when you prepay for your pass b/c it's still been so packed.