• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

The good old days

eatskisleep

Plot thickens…

Would be cool to see it again.

Would be cool to have AZ challenge again.

Articles etc.

One of the only good ski forums left.

Hope it survives.

nhskier1969

I doubt there are many people looking to buy this place. Wonder what it's worth? How much money in ad revenue? Can't be much. I wish Nick gave the place a little more time and energy but at least it hasn't shut down so can't really complain too much.
Plenty of places to generate ad dollars. He is part of the google ad network which makes him a few bucks. But if he revamped the site, have video slides on the front page which you could sell to Ski resorts. Hit social media to ramp up hiking/outdoor to keep the summer traffic consistent on the website. Besides the forums everything else is none existent. should probably embedded links for gear reviews, increase seo.
Just a few observations.

nhskier1969

Plenty of places to generate ad dollars. He is part of the google ad network which makes him a few bucks. But if he revamped the site, have video slides on the front page which you could sell to Ski resorts. Hit social media to ramp up hiking/outdoor to keep the summer traffic consistent on the website. Besides the forums everything else is none existent. should probably embedded links for gear reviews, increase seo.
Just a few observations.
One last thing. I bet this forum is 99% male. Need to increase the female audience to increase ad dollars.

Kingslug20

My take is no one really wants to meet up..or we would..its not hard...a lot of us ski at the same place..same day..same trails...
Doesnt take an owner..or a mod to make it happen...

ss20

A minute from the Alta exit off the I-15!
My take is no one really wants to meet up..or we would..its not hard...a lot of us ski at the same place..same day..same trails...
Doesnt take an owner..or a mod to make it happen...

Favorite of my experiences was something like 3 or 4 of us skied Jay Peak last year on a late-season powder day. We were updating the storm thread with what was good/bad and where the crowds on the day-of... never rendezvous'd. lol and facepalm at the same time.

I've given my description and where I'm skiing probably a dozen+ times on this site. I've only had chance encounters with a few members, including a very memorable day with mishka at Magic 5+ years ago.

Not Sure

Website
www.youtube.com
I was to three and I can say the biggest attraction was the price , Sugarloaf really was generous with the whole package . I lucked out with the weather all three times and the parties were fun ,I have many great memories . I'm not the most outgoing person but it was nice to meet a few AZers and ski a few runs with some . I can understand the demands of a young family I've been there ,maybe Nick is biding his time and has intentions of more effort in the future? Could be his reason for not selling the forum?

ThatGuy

Favorite of my experiences was something like 3 or 4 of us skied Jay Peak last year on a late-season powder day. We were updating the storm thread with what was good/bad and where the crowds on the day-of... never rendezvous'd. lol and facepalm at the same time.
Pretty sure I saw Kustys pink skis but wasn’t sure. I’m always down to take some runs with people but that’s probably because I ski solo 90% of the season.

jimk

I think Nick paid good chunk of cash for AZ. Greg worked his ass off and it was humming along pretty good and bringing in money. I'm friends with Nick and have skied with him a few times. He's a really nice guy and just has other priorities now. But as an investment the forum has floundered and would really benefit from a new leader. I'm sure there's some way to write off the business loss.
Be careful what you wish for. Most of the ski forums I am familiar with are labors of love. There's a reason why many have a donation page. NMS forum tried to make a run at it and is now defunct.