• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

The NEW Magic Mountain

slatham

FYI the guns on LMC (at least the ones on the section between Medium and the turn before Vertigo) are newer, rust color HKDs. They removed the towers from “Through the woods” and those might be them.

jaytrem

Liftblog says it was there until 1991. Standing until 95-96 according to newenglandskihistory.

doublediamond

15 added to the bottom of LMC.

There's a difference between replacing warm nozzles, and replacing with nozzles more suitable to the wet bulb temp bracket you're aiming to make snow in.

slatham

Unfortunately unable to load pics. Some of the new K guns on LMC are lowered and appear to be getting new nozzles - not heads, but the little 1” nozzles that screw into the heads.

I did not hike and count guns on Show Off, but looking up trail there is an unbroken TTB line of towers. As for Lower Magic Carpet:

Downhill of Sunshine Corner value house on “Middle” Magic carpet are 9 Impulse Towers.

Downhill of 33 1/3 intersection on LMC are 7 “K” towers.

Downhill of bottom intersection of LMC and Vertigo are 6 “K” Towers.

These are all relatively wide sections, and as expected there are none on the narrow/lower runout of LMC.

I also counted:
4 rat snow giant sled
6 baby rat sled
22 baby rat tripod
5 Impulse HKD sleds
14 Impulse HKD tower sled

Bottom line, they have the equipment to have several runs from top to bottom set up and ready to go once they get temps.

Of course my goal was to check and work on some glade lines and wow there are some sweet ones set up for this winter!

THINK SNOW ❄️!

Tin Woodsman

Genuinely excited to see what Magic can do this early season now that the specter and distraction of the Black Quad drama is behind them. That had to pre-occupy a lot of their time and mindshare. Now if we can avoid another 100 year flood between now and opening day, we'll be cooking with gas.

Smellytele

Genuinely excited to see what Magic can do this early season now that the specter and distraction of the Black Quad drama is behind them. That had to pre-occupy a lot of their time and mindshare. Now if we can avoid another 100 year flood between now and opening day, we'll be cooking with gas.
Cooking with gas will be illegal in a few years so do it while you can.