• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

The Official 3/16 - 3/17 Storm Discussion Thread

thetrailboss

Staff member
Today was BETTER than yesterday...if that is at all possible! They groomed out the stuff at Burke, only to get 4-5 inches of champagne powder on top of it. 8am chair was AMAZING. The stuff was shooting up your legs as you were turning!!!!

ozzy

wrap around snows and Orographic lift freakin rules.

pico was pure filth today. It was constantly refreshed with the continuous moderate to heavy snowfall. thinking about jay tomorrow. bolton and sugarbush got absolutly clobbered too

KingM

Website
www.goldenlionriversideinn.com
A lot of people at MRG today, which was good to see. Conditions were fantastic. I won't say it was the best we've had this season, because the snow and conditions the first weekend of March were unbelievable, but really, that's splitting hairs.

Light to moderate snows all day have added a few more inches to what MRG is saying totals 28-36 inches for the weekend. Mad River has gone to $29 tickets midweek for the rest of the season. Hell of a bargain this week, considering the conditions.

awf170

Today was BETTER than yesterday...if that is at all possible! They groomed out the stuff at Burke, only to get 4-5 inches of champagne powder on top of it. 8am chair was AMAZING. The stuff was shooting up your legs as you were turning!!!!

Yes it was very sweet today. Were you in the Mid-Burke lodge at around 2 pm? I think I saw you.

Burke is amazing.

2knees

get it while you can. forecast is for some pretty hefty warmth towards the end of the week. should make for some great spring skiing though.

Zand

3 feet up in Stowe (woods are AWESOME up there right now)... 17" here in Leicester was packed down somewhat by freezing rain, but there's good base for a few more days of snowmobiling that I didn't think I would be able to do.

March?

WWF-VT

Sunday 3/18 was incredible at Sugarbush. 10+ inches of super fluffy powder on top of the dumping from Friday. Sunday conditions topped Saturday with deep, dry powder all over the mountain.

from_the_NEK

Website
fineartamerica.com
epic. best day of the year at jay peak today. knee to thigh deep on most runs with the occasional waist deep or higher shot in the drifts. unreal. 3' easy.

Saturday was awsome at Jay as well 8) :spin: 8) Arrived at the mountain to 18+ inches and it snowed hard all day. A run in the Saddle area had about 3' of powder in it :-o
It was still snowing hard when I left at 4:45. I figured Sunday would be epic as well if it kept snowing all night :snow: :snow:

JD

Website
hotmail.com
Still basking in the after glow. Going to do some xc freeride on my alpina today. Quads are so smoked from bell to bell skiing Sat/Sunday. Having not run lifts all season like that, I am realizing it's a different kind of burn the skinning, but I still like it. Sun is out, gonna go get lost in winter for the day. Cheers.

gladerider

got back last night late from stowe. skiied both sat & sun

let me tell ya. whoa ! what an epic condition it was. sat was just jaw dropping. 2-3 feet of powder everywhere. sunday was a bit worse. the wind velocity picked up pretty bad and the gondi was off all day.

drove through the storm all night friday night. got to stowe at 4am after driving 12hours. we left stowe at 4:30pm on sunday and it snowed the entire time. most of the day on sunday, it was near blizzard condition. visibility was near zero many times. there were times when i couldn't see an inch infront of me in the glades. BUT, it was a blast.......

i thought 2 weeks ago at whiteface was epic. this redefines my definition of what an epic condition is....

my best season so far.....what a trip...

billski

Website
ski.iabsi.com

let me tell ya. whoa ! what an epic condition it was. sat was just jaw dropping. 2-3 feet of powder everywhere. sunday was a bit worse. the wind velocity picked up pretty bad and the gondi was off all day.

drove through the storm all night friday night. got to stowe at 4am after driving 12hours. we left stowe at 4:30pm on sunday and it snowed the entire time. most of the day on sunday, it was near blizzard condition. visibility was near zero many times. there were times when i couldn't see an inch infront of me in the glades. BUT, it was a blast.......

i thought 2 weeks ago at whiteface was epic. this redefines my definition of what an epic condition is....

If you were like me, it was REAL HARD to unbuckle and put the boards back on the car, especially with rain in the forecast in the coming days.

loafer89

It's snowing quite hard here in Coventry with 2" on the ground and we are working on 3". The local skiing should be great first thing tomorrow if Sundown is getting the same snow.

BeanoNYC

Did I talk to you on nosedive? The trip story sounds eerily similar to a guy I spoke to. He may have been from Philly, though.

awf170

Yes. Was leaving at that point. You should have introduced yourself.

Yeah, I was thinking about. Wasn't sure if it was you though until you already passed. I did not feel like yelling something like "yo trailboss" and getting a very awkward stare.

Anyway, are you going to be there this sunday? Burke is now my favorite mountain that is day trip-able from Boston. I really wish I didn't have to work saturday so I could go to the pond skimming.

gladerider

Did I talk to you on nosedive? The trip story sounds eerily similar to a guy I spoke to. He may have been from Philly, though.

no. i am from jersey. i was on nosedive alright before i jumped into the glades....it would have been nice to meet an AZer though.

BeanoNYC

no. i am from jersey. i was on nosedive alright before i jumped into the glades....it would have been nice to meet an AZer though.

I was skiing with Kingslug that day, you would have met two. The glades to the skiers left of nosedive were nice. Especially at the top. A bit too thin-spaced towards the middle for my taste.