• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

The Official Blizzard of 2006 Discussion Thread

TwinTips21

Rain on friday for the entire northeast, perfect timing to ruin the improving conditions.
FRUSTRATED TO SAY THE LEAST :angry: :argue: :angry: :argue: :angry: :argue: :angry: :argue: :angry: :argue: :angry: :argue: :angry: :argue: :angry: :argue: :angry:

awf170

TwinTips21 said:
Rain on friday for the entire northeast, perfect timing to ruin the improving conditions.
FRUSTRATED TO SAY THE LEAST :angry: :argue: :angry: :argue: :angry: :argue: :angry: :argue: :angry: :argue: :angry: :argue: :angry: :argue: :angry: :argue: :angry:

sweet perfect timing for when I go out west... :wink:

thetrailboss

Staff member
TwinTips21 said:

Don't remind me. I am so pi$$ed about the prospect of that happening.

Keep telling myself that it won't happen...
it won't happen....
won't happen....

Seems that when they forecast snow, it doesn't happen, but whenever r%^& is in the forecast, THAT always happens. :angry:

There is hope that it will miss us. Please.

BzLiteYear

0" fresh here in central vermont...you win some you lose some.

slight warm-up, but hopefully cold in the mountains!

not looking too bahd!

forcast.gif

thetrailboss

Staff member
BzLiteYear said:
0" fresh here in central vermont...you win some you lose some.

slight warm-up, but hopefully cold in the mountains!

not looking too bahd!

forcast.gif

Welcome to the boards and thanks for that great forecast! Me likes that better! R%&& was in the forecast for Friday...long ways off. Let's hope it is too far off.

BzLiteYear

Welcome to the boards and thanks for that great forecast! Me likes that better! R%&& was in the forecast for Friday...long ways off. Let's hope it is too far off.

hey thanks...thurs says 37 degress and snow,hmmmm Sierra cement? great, we'll take 2ft.

TwinTips21

A lot of other places calling for rain, it'll be a close call. Trailboss, I know what you mean, these snow storms are hyped and never come and then of course, to put the icing on the cake, the rainstorms always seem to target all the mountains.

loafer89

It's incredible that NYC broke it's all time snowfall record with 26.9" of snow from the latest storm, surpassing the old record of 26.4" from December 26-27th, 1947.

My father lives in Bayside Queens and he has 20"+ on the ground with unplowed roads even at 9pm at night.
There is about 16" here where I live with 2-3' drifts.

I am moving to northern Connecticut next month, so I should get used to more snow than on Long Island. :D

ChileMass

I'm calling it an even foot here just east of Worcester. We had a 2-hour break this morning which brought our total down a bit.

andyzee

Website
www.nsmountainsports.com
Just got home and found 2 feet of snow, driveway actually had about 3 feet from the plow coming through. Thank God for 4 wheel drives, plowed right in. :)

ALLSKIING

Staff member
loafer89 said:
It's incredible that NYC broke it's all time snowfall record with 26.9" of snow from the latest storm, surpassing the old record of 26.4" from December 26-27th, 1947.

My father lives in Bayside Queens and he has 20"+ on the ground with unplowed roads even at 9pm at night.
There is about 16" here where I live with 2-3' drifts.

I am moving to northern Connecticut next month, so I should get used to more snow than on Long Island. :D
CT? What happened to PA?

loafer89

I could not find a suitable place for my business for the right price. The area around Hartford has alot of commercial real estate.

Right now we have a place for the business in Bloomfield, and I am looking for a house in Hartford or Tolland county.

Tyrolean_skier

loafer89 said:
I could not find a suitable place for my business for the right price. The area around Hartford has alot of commercial real estate.

Right now we have a place for the business in Bloomfield, and I am looking for a house in Hartford or Tolland county.

That move will certainly shorten your drive to the mountains in Vermont.

Zand

Upon further review, I realized that 20" was for a town 10 miles north of me (AKA Princeton). I had a measley 10". Not enough to snowmobile.