• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

The "Sugarbush Thread"

Lostone

Today's snowstorm... so far.

Bear with me as I try to figure this site out, but if you go here: Today's Snowstorm you'll be able to see the set in the order in which they were taken... :-?

There is ~ a half hour difference between the 1st two and the 2nd two. 8)

djspookman

here's some pics from 7ish when I was out shoveling from my place on German Flats:

my wifes car:
10-25-05-Snowstorm-4.jpg

our dog on the porch

10-25-05-Snowstorm-1.jpg

oh, and its has stopped snowing as of 11.

dave

Marc

Website
www.marcpmc.com
Cute pup, Dave. My parents have one that looks literally, exactly like it, right down to the slightly curled tail, the dudley nose, the dark ears and white above the shoulders. Weighs about 65 lbs.

8 years old and still loves the snow.

How old is yours?

madskier6

SB Website

Well, finally the folks at Sugarbush updated the website (somewhat) after the storm. They're claiming they got 22 inches from this storm. See below.

http://www.sugarbush.com/winter/onmountain/snowreport.htm

You still get the summer site as the default when you go to www.sugarbush.com so they still have some work to do. Also, the mountain cam is still disabled from the offseason.

In their defense, they are working on completely revamping the site so it will look completely different. Maybe that's taking too much of their time.

In any event, they still are behind the eight ball as far as I'm concerned with fresh content on their website. That's an area they could definitely imporve on.

djspookman

Marc said:
Cute pup, Dave. My parents have one that looks literally, exactly like it, right down to the slightly curled tail, the dudley nose, the dark ears and white above the shoulders. Weighs about 65 lbs.

8 years old and still loves the snow.

How old is yours?

thanks! She's a little over a year and a half old, and around 68 pounds. she was stark white when we got her, and her color has only really started to come in within the last 4 months or so. She didn't want to come in last night at all! she loves the snow!:)

dave

noski

Well, just got word my power will be off until Thursday sometime. Prickly Mountain and some parts of East Warren looking at Friday. Guess I will stop at the Library for a book and the hardware store for more radio batteries.... :-?

djspookman

wow. we had a few flickers last night and this morning, but never lost power for more than a minute, even with the 3 transformers blowing up last night! lots of heavy snow-laden trees are coming down on the lines though!

dave

thetrailboss

Staff member
Power is on in the Upper Valley. Been out in spots of the NEK since 8pm last night.

South Royalton (CVPS) out since 2am.

Lostone

On the mountain, we had an on and off early evening. Then things seemed to be on for most of the night. Then, this morning we lost it for about 3 hours, just after I had turned up the heat for the day. :cry:

But walking around, I could see why they were having so many problems. With that much foliage on the trees, they got really beat down by that heavy snow.

We lost a lot of trees. :cry:

Hope everyone that is still without it gets back up soon. A little cool to be without power, up here.

smootharc

Had to do a quick drive through of the valley last friday (the 28th)....

....and posted an album with a few pics in the gallery. The (GMVS, I think) kids were skiing at North, and while taking a few research shots of MRG, lo and behold I heard some "whoops" and hollers, and there were three folks skiing (two boarder's and one skier) down liftline. Watched them pick their way down, including airing numerous small drops. Nice !

ski_resort_observer

Website
www.firstlightphotographics.com
noski said:
Well, just got word my power will be off until Thursday sometime. Prickly Mountain and some parts of East Warren looking at Friday. Guess I will stop at the Library for a book and the hardware store for more radio batteries.... :-?

That's a bummer. Didn't I read recently in the Valley Distorter or somewhere else where several longtime valley inovators/business people live in the Prickly Mountain area including the guys who started Yestamorrow(sic) and Small Dog. Maybe a small wind turbine would be cool to get thru those power outages. 8)

noski

ski_resort_observer said:
That's a bummer. Didn't I read recently in the Valley Distorter or somewhere else where several longtime valley inovators/business people live in the Prickly Mountain area including the guys who started Yestamorrow(sic) and Small Dog. Maybe a small wind turbine would be cool to get thru those power outages. 8)
Yes, true. Founders/Principles of Small Dog, Northern (wind)Power, Yestermorrow are all there. They actually got their power back on Thursday before I did on the opposite ridge. All is well, snow tires are on, and propane tank is filled(OUCH!)

ThinkSnow

Small Wind Turbine?

Considering how often the lifts get put on "wind-hold" a big wind turbine could probably power the entire valley!

bullwheel12

Quick question to those of you that tune those boards regularly, (or rarely) What do you think of a pick-up service at SB south...like someone would come to your place, pick up your skis to be tuned, and then they would be guarenteed to be done for the next morning? Any thoughts?

noski

bullwheel12 said:
Quick question to those of you that tune those boards regularly, (or rarely) What do you think of a pick-up service at SB south...like someone would come to your place, pick up your skis to be tuned, and then they would be guarenteed to be done for the next morning? Any thoughts?
Interesting question. I wonder about things like, would people trust their skis/boards would be returned?? I am just a dumb old noski, but that was my first thought....