• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

The "Sugarbush Thread"

cdskier

Thanks. Practice slope won't do it for me. Tomorrow I start my snow dancing and juju shrine.

My one and only day ever at MRG was on 12/12 (of 2018). Of course that year they were nearly 100% open at the time and it was incredible (and empty).

pinnoke

Fox's outlook seems inconclusive, so hoping for the best (and that I'll be able to take advantage of those 'good' spans on the winter calendar. It's 5PM, and still no indication on the SB website regarding locking in an Opening date, which had been promised for today. Damn!! Indeed, though the past 48 hours have produced images and a taste of winter, the next several days' forecast looks crappy for our purpose!! No Snovember this year...

Blurski

Fox's outlook seems inconclusive, so hoping for the best (and that I'll be able to take advantage of those 'good' spans on the winter calendar. It's 5PM, and still no indication on the SB website regarding locking in an Opening date, which had been promised for today. Damn!! Indeed, though the past 48 hours have produced images and a taste of winter, the next several days' forecast looks crappy for our purpose!! No Snovember this year...
They just posted, Thursday now.

WWF-VT

Where did they post? Can't find it.

Our new Opening Day is now tentatively scheduled for Thursday, December 3rd.
Mt. Ellen remains on track for an opening on Friday, December 18th.

bumpcrasher

Very much appreciate the benefit of being on the Ikon and using up the 7 days at Killington. Yet does anyone know why Sugarbush is the last major mountain in the East to open this year? Was there a pipe burst??

cdskier

Biggest reason that comes to my mind is that they simply have less snowmaking capacity than many other major resorts. When you have marginal temperatures...that weakness shows prominently.