• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

The "Sugarbush Thread"

ducky

Depends where on the mountain you are. No personal experience since Sunday morning...but based on what MRG's report said yesterday, you should expect firm conditions on the natural trails on the bottom 1/3 of the mountain after it thawed and re-froze earlier in the week. Higher up is still skiing well. I wouldn't expect much to be different at Sugarbush on the natural terrain (other than possibly having seen more traffic at SB vs MRG's terrain).
MRG was very nice yesterday. Not soft but not hard either. Plenty of snow around.

Hawk

I got out for 4 runs. I'd say maybe 3" of fresh? Hard to tell. Blown everywhere. Birdland, Steins, Mall and Spring Fling. I can confirm they blew a ton of snow on Steins, Snowball and Spring fling. on Steins, Huge whales and was some chalk, some slick, some puff and some break away slab with mixed fresh snow. It was good until is wasn't. ;-) Mall, mix of slick and wind drifted snow. Birdland was groomed at the top, the bottom was firm in places, both with a little blown in fresh.
Spring fling was probably the best run. Right side along the woods was far enough not to get affected by the guns. So somewhat smooth with plenty of blown in. Long stretchs of a couple of inches blown on lightish snowmaking glaze. Skied nice.

flakeydog

Ain't nothin' gonna be soft after a night at 30 below and high winds. Things firm up a bit when it gets that cold. Back on track by Sunday though!

WinS

I got out for 4 runs. I'd say maybe 3" of fresh? Hard to tell. Blown everywhere. Birdland, Steins, Mall and Spring Fling. I can confirm they blew a ton of snow on Steins, Snowball and Spring fling. on Steins, Huge whales and was some chalk, some slick, some puff and some break away slab with mixed fresh snow. It was good until is wasn't. ;-) Mall, mix of slick and wind drifted snow. Birdland was groomed at the top, the bottom was firm in places, both with a little blown in fresh.
Spring fling was probably the best run. Right side along the woods was far enough not to get affected by the guns. So somewhat smooth with plenty of blown in. Long stretchs of a couple of inches blown on lightish snowmaking glaze. Skied nice.
Did my 4 too. Too bad you were not here yesterday and the day before. The snow on Stein’s while the towers were gushing was superb. Might not be first thing tomorrow but planning so on Sunday. I think the spring trails are in very good shape now. Probably the end of snowmaking for this season.

Lotso

From the report this morning:

Today will be your last chance to get a glimpse of the Castlerock Wooly Mammoth that has been patrolling the glades of Rumbles.

Rumbles?? Between this and Piston Bully, the reporter needs an editor, or needs to get out on the hill.

WinS

Well I guess we will miss early-ups today. All lifts are delayed due to the deep freeze. There are heaters in the terminals but the cold most likely overwhelmed them. It could take some time to get things moving. Lotso, give the reporter a break. If I got up pre-dawn and had to write a report, I would have more typos than a plural Rumble : ).

Lotso

Well I guess we will miss early-ups today. All lifts are delayed due to the deep freeze. There are heaters in the terminals but the cold most likely overwhelmed them. It could take some time to get things moving. Lotso, give the reporter a break. If I got up pre-dawn and had to write a report, I would have more typos than a plural Rumble : ).
Yeah, I was not caffeinated either...

WinS

Lifts still not running. Temp up to -8. I might go out for a few runs if they open. I'll keep watching.
I waiting until VH opened and only had time for three runs but they were nice. Had any extra layer on and skin protected. I went across Reverse traverse to warm up and down Lower Grinder for the last run. Bit of a haul in the cold without the right wax but Grinder was in good shape. Today actually felt colder with the wind, but it was worth taking Reserve Traverse to get first tracks on Ripcord. Nicely groomed but firm and fast until Lower Ripcord where skiers right was soft snow. Fingers crossed for next week.