• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

The "Sugarbush Thread"

dlague

The one time I skied it last week it was real nice but the traverse made me want to die

Yes it is killer! I think it stays nice because those who know the bottom part stay away. I like to think of it as back country skiing so I can say I did it.

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone

steamboat1

That cut through to GMX was not roped off last year. Not sure why they would do that. If we're referring to the same route.

I think they try to stop people from cutting threw the terrain park since you would have to cross at the base of a jump

If I had hiked that last hump & then found the cut across to GMX closed I would've been really pissed.

cdskier

If that's the case they should take out all the lifts. The whole mountain would ski much better wouldn't it?

This traverse is a workout, but it isn't quite THAT bad. This is essentially one trail we're talking about that has a unique character for lack of a better way to describe it.

HowieT2

Thats been roped off.

It has not been roped off this season, and even if it is, you can still cut through by taking the last traverse to the left right before the runout goes downhill.
Going down to the sunnyD is for the birds.

HowieT2

Wish I had known this beforehand since a bird shit on my jacket when I rode that lift Sat...... Serious.

oh snap! LOL! sorry bro. next time you're skiing mellon, let me know and I'll show you that and some other hidden treasures.

steamboat1

oh snap! LOL! sorry bro. next time you're skiing mellon, let me know and I'll show you that and some other hidden treasures.

Went there a couple of Thursdays already because of the cheap tickets. Probably be back a few times before the end of the season. Saturday I skied mostly at Lincoln with my daughter but took Slidebrook over to Ellen for lunch & a few runs. It would be nice to hook up for some turns. I already have a guide who showed me some hidden stashes at Lincoln. He's not on this site but on TGR & a fishing site I frequent (met him through the fishing site). Perhaps you know him? His handle is LIfishVT. or something like that. He works weekends at Lincoln & has gotten me employee discount tickets a few times.

edit: on TGR he goes by 2ski2fish4ever.

Last edited:

HowieT2

Went there a couple of Thursdays already because of the cheap tickets. Probably be back a few times before the end of the season. Saturday I skied mostly at Lincoln with my daughter but took Slidebrook over to Ellen for lunch & a few runs. It would be nice to hook up for some turns. I already have a guide who showed me some hidden stashes at Lincoln. He's not on this site but on TGR & a fishing site I frequent (met him through the fishing site). Perhaps you know him? His handle is LIfishVT. or something like that. He works weekends at Lincoln & has gotten me employee discount tickets a few times.

edit: on TGR he goes by 2ski2fish4ever.

from Brooklyn, for the day? That's a haul.

dunno any fishing people, but if he works Lincoln peak on weekends, I'm sure I know him by face.

KustyTheKlown

i've done no hotel day trips to sugarbush and stowe. wouldn't recommend it in general. kills the neck. and that drive home can be sleepy dangerous.

steamboat1

from Brooklyn, for the day? That's a haul.

dunno any fishing people, but if he works Lincoln peak on weekends, I'm sure I know him by face.
Don't do day trips to VT from Brooklyn, actually weekends are a rarity for me. Only went for the weekend for my daughter who works full time, we stayed Fri./Sat. night. Skied K Sun. Me I'm mostly a weekday skier, usually ski 3-4 days every other week in VT, mostly at K but I bounce around.

My friend works weekends at Sugarbush, his wife is full time at Sugarbush in real estate . Not sure if his son still works there.

cdskier

They sure are. I'll be curious to see how aggressive they are with re-surfacing of trails after this. We desperately need some decent natural snow now.

cdskier

Presidents weekend is the one weekend I skip every year going up there...so I'm sure they will get a nice dump right before that! :snow:

cdskier

SB just posted some pictures on Facebook that show Castlerock and Paradise after the rain...pretty ugly...

rocks860

Wow I didn't even realize it had been going that long. I just went back and read the first 7 pages, talk about a blast from the past. I was just telling my gf last week about how the set up used to be when I was growing up. Anyone know where I can find some pictures of what the old base area at LP looked like?

thetrailboss

Staff member
Wow I didn't even realize it had been going that long. I just went back and read the first 7 pages, talk about a blast from the past. I was just telling my gf last week about how the set up used to be when I was growing up. Anyone know where I can find some pictures of what the old base area at LP looked like?

Bushmogulmaster used to run his own page on Sugarbush history that was really good. I will see if I can find it.