• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

The "Sugarbush Thread"

cdskier

They shut done the Lift served Downhill trails? I thought they wre selling pass add ons for that. Anyway thanks for the intel. We are coming up for a couple of weekends for PMC training. I heard the Grift also played at Mt Ellen.

Due to how much access they felt they had to restrict due to the HG project, yes. They announced back in the late winter/early spring that they would not have lift served DH this year.

chuckstah

TBD 2 for $99 tickets are live for next season. Second day is once again April 1st on. I really need to try to not get this. There's not enough ski days in the year for what I already have. But it's a good deal if you still ski in April.

Smellytele

TBD 2 for $99 tickets are live for next season. Second day is once again April 1st on. I really need to try to not get this. There's not enough ski days in the year for what I already have. But it's a good deal if you still ski in April.

Hopefully next season they don’t close most of the mountain after 4/1 like this year with the lift replacement.

VTSkiBike

Just a heads up if anyone plans on venturing to central VT in the coming days.....we got yet another of heavy rain yesterday (3-6 inches!) and there are plenty of road washouts/closures and flooding. It's not as bad as last year but we got hit pretty hard. Getting around may be tricky and plenty of businesses will need time to clean up.

urungus

Hopefully next season they don’t close most of the mountain after 4/1 like this year with the lift replacement.
NRX is rumored for replacement next summer, but since it is on the Mt Ellen side, hopefully it will not affect April/May operations.

1dog

Just a heads up if anyone plans on venturing to central VT in the coming days.....we got yet another of heavy rain yesterday (3-6 inches!) and there are plenty of road washouts/closures and flooding. It's not as bad as last year but we got hit pretty hard. Getting around may be tricky and plenty of businesses will need time to clean up.

Rt17 near Mad Barn
100S at Rt 17 repaired yesterday

thetrailboss

Staff member
Rt17 near Mad Barn
100S at Rt 17 repaired yesterday
My hometown (Lyndonville) and a lot of the NEK were really trashed in this latest storm. I know that Barre was also once again destroyed. This gets old.

For those that want to help, buy your Vermont Strong and Tough License Plates here: https://dmv.vermont.gov/vermontstrong23

That is the official website. Any sales done on eBay DO NOT benefit those in need.

thetrailboss

Staff member
NRX is rumored for replacement next summer, but since it is on the Mt Ellen side, hopefully it will not affect April/May operations.
My money is on them closing ME earlier than normal to prepare for this work (and save $$$$). And that said announcement will be made late to the anger of many. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Hawk

Considering that the NRX is closed so much already, an early closing so they can fix it is not that big a deal to most. Well unless you have a perpensity to bitch. There is a whole other mountain to ski unlike other places. Not realy that big a deal.

tumbler

Any updates on the HG replacement? Any parts staged onsite yet? We all know it will be a last minute completion like all lift projects.

Hawk

We were up this weekend. This is nothing in the staging lot. Zero Nada. Not ever a bucket of bolts. Maybe they are putting some materials up in the maintenence lot up on Gondolier but I have seen nothing so far.

crystalmountainskier

We were up this weekend. This is nothing in the staging lot. Zero Nada. Not ever a bucket of bolts. Maybe they are putting some materials up in the maintenence lot up on Gondolier but I have seen nothing so far.

djd66

That's pretty funny, they literally just posted that. They must have read hawk's post :D

Hopefully that installation will get done on time !

tumbler

It looks like it is all in the lot behind CB-1. Hopefully they let us know when heli day is. That's always fun to watch

Hawk

It's July there's no reason why it won't be ready. It's a fixed grip.
Ya its as fixed Grip, but a conveyor loader so maybe a little more complex. The issue we will be faced with is that in some seasons, the temperature profile makes it only possible to blow up high early on. If that lift is not operation until later, say early December or later and we have one of those years, opening day could be delayed.