• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

The "Sugarbush Thread"

machski

Ya its as fixed Grip, but a conveyor loader so maybe a little more complex. The issue we will be faced with is that in some seasons, the temperature profile makes it only possible to blow up high early on. If that lift is not operation until later, say early December or later and we have one of those years, opening day could be delayed.
If there is a delay with Heaven's Gate and it is known far enough in advance, could SB pivot to Mt. Ellen off the Summit Quad if temps require elevation? I believe they once opened off that pod in the past, and with GMC back, it is possible again.

cdskier

If there is a delay with Heaven's Gate and it is known far enough in advance, could SB pivot to Mt. Ellen off the Summit Quad if temps require elevation? I believe they once opened off that pod in the past, and with GMC back, it is possible again.
I'd say close to 0% chance of that. More likely they would wait for temps down low unless it was a really lengthy stretch of poor temps at lower elevations. The last few years I think already proved they no longer view opening up top with downloading as a desirable option.

djd66

Hey people, I am up at Sugarbush. My wife went for a walk on east road, summit road and upper village drive (big loop). A silver bracelet that she was wearing fell off her wrist somewhere on the walk. It has deep sentimental value and would really like to try and find it . If anyone knows about a bracelet being found (happened this morning between 10:00-11 ) I would really appreciate to get it back and will pay a sizable reward.

dustyroads

Not very impressive progress for August 7th. I wonder if they'll even finish this year.

Attachments

• thumbnail.jpg
    thumbnail.jpg
    423.9 KB · Views: 72
  • thuxmbnail.jpg
    thuxmbnail.jpg
    181.3 KB · Views: 73

urungus

Plenty of time left … Berkshire East did not fly in the towers for their new lift until Oct 24 last year, and still managed to open the lift before Christmas.

tumbler

Looks like quite a bit to do. No formwork at bottom only rebar. Maybe tower bases have been formed? Top looks like formwork in progress. Old towers need to come down and bases removed or hammered down to grade. Fly towers, install drive terminal, string haul rope and comm lines and then debug. I get BEast got theirs done but that lift is 1/3 the length of HG. At least it looks like the parts are being delivered.

cdskier

Don't forget the Bicknell's Thrush restrictions on the construction just ended about a week ago.

djd66

Looks like quite a bit to do. No formwork at bottom only rebar. Maybe tower bases have been formed? Top looks like formwork in progress. Old towers need to come down and bases removed or hammered down to grade. Fly towers, install drive terminal, string haul rope and comm lines and then debug. I get BEast got theirs done but that lift is 1/3 the length of HG. At least it looks like the parts are being delivered.
And BEast is 200 miles south, winter comes later. Hopefully all of this speculation of the lift being done is all for not.

jimmywilson69

When did HG open last year? With the new opening rollout there, it seems like its not imperative that the lift is ready for the weekend before Thanksgiving.

cdskier

It opened late November last year when they got over a foot of snow from that one storm at the end of the month. Previous to that storm they only had Gate House open.

oldfartrider

Played Sugarbush golf course for the first time today. What a beautiful course with lots of challenge also.

oldfartrider

Very little roll out on drives. Overall the course was not super wet and yes very green. On Tuesday I played West Bolton and that was super wet.