• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

The "Sugarbush Thread"

cdskier

I got my new Ikon I think it was Monday too. I don't really understand why they waste time/resources to send new ones for people that are renewals and already have passes. Seems like unnecessary effort (and expense).

djd66

And all the stupid swag with it.
I agree,… no idea why they send out new passes when they could have just renewed the old one I have - that’s what Sugarbush did every year. Given all the green initiatives- sending out more plastic is counterintuitive.

Blurski

Killington's K Ticket deal 1 up's Sugarbushes Quad pack. $85 ea no black out, by as few or as many as you want, transfer to anyone.

Hawk

I already get 7 days at Killington with my pass. I think Sugarbush one upped K. HA!
Actually I did get my new pass this week. The Wife was holding out on important info.
I actually like that I get new passes. I can now continue my project of adding to my pass display year by year. I have a bunch of place holders for the years that Sugarbush reused the media. It starts in 87 with my Sunday River passes, then ASC, then Sugarbush. Funny to see pics when I had hair and a mustache. LOL

skiur

I already get 7 days at Killington with my pass. I think Sugarbush one upped K. HA!
Actually I did get my new pass this week. The Wife was holding out on important info.
I actually like that I get new passes. I can now continue my project of adding to my pass display year by year. I have a bunch of place holders for the years that Sugarbush reused the media. It starts in 87 with my Sunday River passes, then ASC, then Sugarbush. Funny to see pics when I had hair and a mustache. LOL

If you get the Killington 365 pass you get unlimited days at the bush as it comes with a iKon pass.

Hawk

If you get the Killington 365 pass you get unlimited days at the bush as it comes with a iKon pass.
Ahhh, read the details my man. That pass is $1,579 and you get a base IKON pass that has blackout days. I live at sugarbush and it is my base mountain so that would not make any sence for me. So for $500 less I get unlimited at sugarbush, 7 days at K and other places I go, early ups and mountain biking all summer.

HowieT2

I agree,… no idea why they send out new passes when they could have just renewed the old one I have - that’s what Sugarbush did every year. Given all the green initiatives- sending out more plastic is counterintuitive.
marketing?
I'm stoked and was like a kid when I saw that package in the mail. Also got texts from like 5 friends with similar reactions.

HowieT2

is there any Uber or Taxi service in the valley??? I'm going to need a ride from Lareau up the access road in a few weeks.

Shredmonkey254

marketing?
I'm stoked and was like a kid when I saw that package in the mail. Also got texts from like 5 friends with similar reactions.
Glad to hear this... guys like me make their living producing marketing materials like this package. Yes, I bet it was expensive. Wish I printed and mailed it! How many IKON Pass holders are out there? Thousands or tens of thousands? How many passes do they sell?

KustyTheKlown

i threw it all away except for the magnets and the holographic sticker. I'm a sucker for shiny shit, but in reality i know i don't want to stick an ikon logo on anything i own, so I'll prob dispose of the sticker

there's a lotto style scratch off to win stance socks or dakine backpacks, so you all should at least try your luck before throwing away the swag

Boxtop Willie

At the risk of using this board for commercial reasons....
I have a 2 bed, 2 full bath apartment available for a seasonal rental at Sugarbush. Off Rt 17, 5 minutes from either SB Mt Ellen or MRG. (essentially across the street and up the hill from Mad River Barn)
Apt is the first floor of my house (with private entrance). Fully furniished. Complete kitchen, Washer/dryer. $10,000 plus utilities., Plowing included.
vermont.craigslist.org/vac/d/waitsfield-sugarbush-bed-bath-apartment/7387819785.html

tumbler

i threw it all away except for the magnets and the holographic sticker. I'm a sucker for shiny shit, but in reality i know i don't want to stick an ikon logo on anything i own, so I'll prob dispose of the sticker

there's a lotto style scratch off to win stance socks or dakine backpacks, so you all should at least try your luck before throwing away the swag
You mean you don't have your ikon pass hanging on the outside of your jacket flapping in the wind so we can all see your are ikon? :p