• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

The "Sugarbush Thread"

tumbler

Bethel Mtn Rd is fine, Roxbury is not worth it, muddy and evil ruts. Check how much snow at base of SB and should give you idea how much snow on Bethel Mtn Rd.

Shredmonkey254

hoping sunday morning roads are ok. staying in wrj shithole per usual. i presume roxbury gap is fucked. how about bethel mountain road? prob stick with 89 > 100B unfortunately.
you should check out the Stable Inn in Rochester, VT at base of Bethel Mtn Road... Great restaurant across the street, then in the am it's 1/2 hour up 100 to the bush or 1/2 hour down 100 to killington.

Tin Woodsman

How is Bethel Mountain over to Rochester these days? I used to use that shortcut a lot.
Yeah - this saves you 5 mins vs staying in the valley on 100B to 100. Road is in fine shape - really only one dangerous turn on that road headed North, and it's only an issue in snow/ice.

KustyTheKlown

you should check out the Stable Inn in Rochester, VT at base of Bethel Mtn Road... Great restaurant across the street, then in the am it's 1/2 hour up 100 to the bush or 1/2 hour down 100 to killington.

im not about staying along 100 in the deadzone. i like being someplace near stuff and people. like those ski club houses on that ghost road look so unappealing to me. appreciate the suggestion tho.

Zand

Speaking of all this talk of the Rt 100 corridor, I very nearly bought a house in Hancock earlier this week. It's about a mile up Rt 125 toward snowbowl. I was looking for work transfers into anywhere in central VT but there was absolutely nothing or I might have pulled the trigger. Would've been in a sick spot 25 mins from Sugarbush and 35 to Killington (plus 5 to Snowbowl) and it's only like 25 mins to Middlebury so it's really not that far off the beaten path.

Damn work lol.

Lotso

Power on LP open for the next 2 hrs. ME closed for day

Looks like only Bravo and it has stopped with full chairs....hmm

Clearing the line now. Hope they can salvage a little time in this glop!

Last edited:

doublediamond

Is there a reason why GMP has such trouble with power outages in storms? This ain’t even that big of a storm.

KustyTheKlown

Really glad I went to killington!

And 8-12” of heavy wet snow fell from 8 pm to 8 am. The kind of snow that downs power lines and trees. Not exactly a minor storm

Lotso

Really glad I went to killington!

And 8-12” of heavy wet snow fell from 8 pm to 8 am. The kind of snow that downs power lines and trees. Not exactly a minor storm
+1 and on the trees. Had to drive ahead of my wife so she could get out. Trees bent over the road as well as tree and branches broken and blocking roads. Got a good workout in!

And I think it was remarkably fast on GMP's part. We went out around 8 am, back on by 2. Huge parts of VT were out and I was expecting to be in for the long haul. Melting snow by the woodstove and all that. Glad I didn't need it.

Not happy it's raining now, but anyway