• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

The Top 10 Ski Resorts in the United States for 2013 as noted by Forbes

ScottySkis

Sent from my ADR6410LVW using Tapatalk 2

My phone wouldn't let me read page 3, but I don't think Brighton or Vail should be in the top 10.
I agree with Jackson being their even though I never been, but a lot mountains on the list probably not top 30. I don't think all of park city Utah should be on the list, any with about Canada?

soposkier

My phone wouldn't let me read page 3, but I don't think Brighton or Vail should be in the top 10.
I agree with Jackson being their even though I never been, but a lot mountains on the list probably not top 30. I don't think all of park city Utah should be on the list, any with about Canada?

I think you missed the Top 10 Ski Resorts in the United States ​part of the rankings.......

Smellytele

You write in broken English. Is it caused by Tapatalk 2?

drjeff

I would say that for the typical demographic that reads Forbes that the list is appropriate with a decent mix of luxury ammenties and some old school thrown in too for the younger Forbes readers who think that they need to try and "out cool" their cohorts with name dropping of places - probably the same reason why when their at a place on the list like Silverton, A-Basin or Wolf Creek that they'll look to grab a PBR tallboy at the end of the day instead of the high end Vodka or Scotch or certain vintage of wine that they'd usually drink and prefer - the image is a factor :rolleyes:

SnowRock

Sort of odd given its Forbes that Aspen doesn't make the cut? With this type of list and what they are looking at I would actually think it would be top 4. Better terrain then Vail and all the nonsense you could ever hope for in a real town versus a faux village.

drjeff

Sort of odd given its Forbes that Aspen doesn't make the cut? With this type of list and what they are looking at I would actually think it would be top 4. Better terrain then Vail and all the nonsense you could ever hope for in a real town versus a faux village.

Aspen, Taos, Sun Valley, Stowe and possibly Jay Peak are the one's that wouldn't of surprised me if they were on the list - my guess is that Aspen would of been next to end up on the list, but some of the more "retro" areas such as A-Basin and Silverton made the list instead to try and give it a bit more hardcore credibilty as opposed to just resorts with lots of ammenities. The only one on that list that I really have a tough time figuring out how it fits into the big scheme of the list was the Brighton/Solitude ranking. Trust me, I know and love how good the skiing around SLC is, but to rank a 3rd resort area that is literally all within 10 miles of each other as the crow flies, verses ranking a different location area, that I found interesting...

BenedictGomez

If I see someone drinking a PBR, I assume the image they're trying to portray is either poor college student or hipster douchebag.

DoublePlanker

I think they nailed it with Jhole and Alta/Snowbird. I also agree that no ski area east of the rockies deserves to be on that list. I think Aspen/Highlands/Snowmass is a lot better than Park City areas.

AdironRider

I think they nailed it with Jhole and Alta/Snowbird. I also agree that no ski area east of the rockies deserves to be on that list. I think Aspen/Highlands/Snowmass is a lot better than Park City areas.

This sums up my thoughts on the matter perfectly.

I cant stand Park City. Urban sprawl ski areas!

C-Rex

Aspen, Taos, Sun Valley, Stowe and possibly Jay Peak are the one's that wouldn't HAVE surprised me if they were on the list - my guess is that Aspen would HAVE been next to end up on the list, but some of the more "retro" areas such as A-Basin and Silverton made the list instead to try and give it a bit more hardcore credibilty as opposed to just resorts with lots of ammenities. The only one on that list that I really have a tough time figuring out how it fits into the big scheme of the list was the Brighton/Solitude ranking. Trust me, I know and love how good the skiing around SLC is, but to rank a 3rd resort area that is literally all within 10 miles of each other as the crow flies, verses ranking a different location area, that I found interesting...

Fixed that for ya. ;-) Not trying to be a dick, just a pet peeve of mine.