• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

The unofficial somewhat hopeful Friday 2/1 ?storm? thread

nelsapbm

Word is that the icing is going to occur between 5-10 tonight....so Billski...you're doing the smart thing by waiting until tomorrow.

reefer

I'm with billski, cocked and loaded, ready for anything at this point................this could be a lot worse as KingM said, we are not really losing and even Southern VT is so close to being perfect. Definitely could use all snow but. The only problem I see is ski areas not being open tomorrow from the wind and ice......................be positive!

billski

Website
ski.iabsi.com
I'm with billski, cocked and loaded, ready for anything at this point................this could be a lot worse as KingM said, we are not really losing and even Southern VT is so close to being perfect. Definitely could use all snow but. The only problem I see is ski areas not being open tomorrow from the wind and ice......................be positive!

I just don't like driving on ice or skiing in rain. Inevitably, there will be a rain-ice-snow transition zone and I don't want to drive in the transition. Seen far too many bumper-cars accidents. Anything else, I'm game...

WJenness

Sleeting pretty heavily in the Reading / Woburn, MA area as I came back from lunch just now...

-w

ccskier

I wonder if it is going to be worth it. Supposed to be in Dedham around 5:30 to meet up with friends then drive up to Jay. I am about 70/30, staying home being 70.

billski

Website
ski.iabsi.com
I'm not keen on traveling tonight. Travel will be better on Saturday. The winds are going to be strong for the next 24 hours (40-50mph at 4000'.) They are already gusting to 35 at Stratton. Can you say "wind hold?" I'm skiing Sunday.

Last edited:

mlctvt

I'm with you Billski, bumper cars on ice just isn't fun. Deep snow's never a problem but ice sux. I was going to do my normal after work drive to Mount Sneax tonight. Tried to get the wife to leave now but she has some project she has to get out and she can't leave work early. I think well just head out early in the morning tomorrow. Mount Snow is reporting heavy snow right now.

gladerider

heading up to lake placid tonight. looks like i am in for some car-skating

ajl50

Driving from philly to belleayre tonight-- any beta on route 28?

danny p

i'm across the river from rt. 28 (15 min east), its all r@*n right now and the roads have been plowed, so it should be ok. I heard of a fatal crash on rt. 84 and 17 though, so drive carefully.

KingM

Website
www.goldenlionriversideinn.com
It's an odd sort of frozen precipitation that's falling at the moment. Not really snow or sleet, more like rain, but it's already frozen before it hits. It's leaving something that looks and feels like tiny salt crystals. Not ideal, but far, far better than rain.