• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

The Weekend Warrior Thread 2016-2017

4aprice

Been really starting to get excited about the up coming season (maybe more so then usual after last year) but have remained busy through out the fall and kept up my dry land training. Thought about starting this thread as I had plenty of "ski" thinking time while cleaning up the annual leaf fall these past 2 weekends. I would imagine most people here are in the same boat with Mon-Fri jobs, rushing up to the mountains, near or far on the weekends and hitting it as hard as we can for the days we can before returning to the daily grind.

Over the years, one of the most valuable things about this sight IMO has been the user "ski reports" and pictures in the trips reports section. The first hand reporting and photography (and some of you are great photographers) are an invaluable resource. Ski area marketing can be less then honest, and there is nothing better then word from the horses mouth.

With that in mind I thought, What about a thread for us "weekenders". I guess I vision something where people will tell us where they are traveling, maybe reviews of places to stay, places to eat, where to apres ski, including maybe where a great band is playing on a Saturday night up in ski country. Travel conditions, really anything that might be helpful or interesting to us "Weekend Warriors". East or west (Dlague, SkiNEwhere, ABC, JimK) I would like to hear em as I am always looking for new and fun places to try. Hope this thread gets some legs. Happy ski season everyone.

Alex

Lake Hopatcong, NJ

bdfreetuna

Well I fit the category. Not sure how a thread with this intentions will pan out as it's kind of a broad topic but I wish it luck.

Ski Reports are definitely super useful. I enjoy taking some photos over the course of a good ski day (or just doing my journalistic duty on a not so good ski day) and then retelling the day as I reminisce after the drive home.

I work 8:30-5:00 Monday-Friday but it's a family business and it's understood that powder days are for skiing, the nature of my work allows me to shift my hours around, and sometimes my old man will take the day off to go with me.

Mainly I do go Saturday as my wife has it off and Sunday I usually go to church. This winter I'm thinking I'll string more full weekends together than usual though. Fingers crossed for the snow.