• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Things that annoy you

Moe Ghoul

I got an unlisted # that only about 12 people have, and an Identi-ring number for the rest of the masses. Coupled with caller ID and voicemail, I haven't picked up an unwanted call in 15 years. I need to do some homework on carriers and transferability of my numbers this fall so I can finally give verizon the boot. I'm leaning towards Comcast for the internet and VOIP, and keeping DTV. Need to price comcast first. I don't have many carrier options. I've tinkered with the idea of going all cellphone and getting laptops with wireless cards as another option.

hardline

Somewhere Between the Toeside and the Hellside
people that like to talk down to me i am just a club tech. usually they start screaming something at me for no reason or they didn't let me explain the solution to the problem they are having. i look them right in the eye and say "you can not and will not speak to me in that tone and expect me to help you." then i walk away. they owners or manager then has to explain to client exactly who i am and what i am doing there.the client nine times out of ten will come and apoligize to me. when they do i am just as nice as the first day i met them. which is basically FU to them and shows them how you act when you are a real professional. some people think the world revolves around them and it just doesn't. i used to get really upset but i have found this to be the best possible way to show someone politely do not piss me off.
it is all about the path of least resistance.

Paul

Whats a "Club Tech"?

caveman.jpg

Trekchick

ARGH!!
Can someone tell me how hard it is to get the shopping cart to the corral?
They have those corrals all over the stupid parking lot, so you don't have to walk that far to use the damn things!!!!
but noooooooo, you gotta leave the freakin cart in the parking lot, but thats not bad enough, you either let it roll into my car, or leave it in the middle of the parking spot so no one can use it!!!.

Whew, I feel better now!

Last edited:

Paul

ARGH!!
They have those corrals all over the stupid parking lot, so you don't have to walk that far to use the damn things!!!!
but noooooooo, you gotta leave the freakin cart in the parking lot, but thats not bad enough, you either let it roll into my car.

Whew, I feel better now!

But my Ho-Hos and big ol' tub-o-ice cream are in the car, melting. And by the time I waddle my fat-ass back from putting the stupid cart away, I'll have to eat an extra Ding-Dong to keep from going into insulin shock.

mondeo

ARGH!!
but noooooooo, you gotta leave the freakin cart in the parking lot, but thats not bad enough, you either let it roll into my car, or leave it in the middle of the parking spot so no one can use it!!!.

Whew, I feel better now!

Oh, man.

I've determined that if I'm going to start taking people's carts back to the corrals if they're around to see it.

o3jeff

Am I the only one that makes a big ordeal parking? First you scope out the lot for an area were no one is parked, then you confirm there are no stray carriages around, then you make sure you aren't parking on a bottom of a hill so a cart left won't roll down and hit your car, etc

mondeo

Am I the only one that makes a big ordeal parking? First you scope out the lot for an area were no one is parked, then you confirm there are no stray carriages around, then you make sure you aren't parking on a bottom of a hill so a cart left won't roll down and hit your car, etc

The grocery store I go to has a pretty flat parking lot, so carts tend to stay in place.

But this does bring up another sore spot: people who don't park in the center of the space. Are you really that lazy that you have to park with the edge of your tires on the line?

deadheadskier

Staff member
ARGH!!

Whew, I feel better now!

NOW THIS RATES VERY HIGH ON MY LIST. Seriously, I want to catch someone who does this and ring their necks. For whatever reason I never seem to see someone in the act. I get beyond annoyed by this blatant laziness. It seems like every damn time I go to the grocery store I'm grabbing one of these stray carts to use and grumbling all the way to the store door about how the hell someone could be so damn lazy. It's not the carts taking up the parking spots that bother me or the threat of them denting my car, it's just the laziness. Good thing I didn't decide to be a grocery store manager as I'd probably lose my job pretty quick after pummeling one of such lazy a-holes.