• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Things that annoy you

deadheadskier

Staff member
Folks are groaning down here, too, I hear it from industry friends of mine. Low end is actually holding its own since more will flock to cheap eats and drinks to cut back. I'm glad I got out in '01.

the mid level guys seem to be struggling the most. The luxury spenders are to a point somewhat resilient to the bad economy, but my guys are feeling it, 80% of them are down from last year and some in a big way. as you said low end places today are managing to stay busy, but making far less profit than a year ago. two big staples for small places, flour and fryer oil both cost upwards of four times as much as they did a year ago

I was just talking to someone today and they're friend works for Frito Lay. They're business is BOOMING right now. Guess folks are eating chips and salsa at home instead of out at restaurants

drjeff

I was just talking to someone today and they're friend works for Frito Lay. They're business is BOOMING right now. Guess folks are eating chips and salsa at home instead of out at restaurants

I've got a Frito Lay Plant that in the town between where my office is and the town that I live in, and my patients who are employees of Frito Lay are saying the same thing, that they're adding workers to every shift right now.

The only thing that I hate about that Frito Lay plant is it's less than 1/2 mile from one of the tracks that I run at, and when the prevailing NW wind that is common to my area is blowing and you're excercising at that track, all you smell is potato chips! Many times after running a few miles there I find that I have a serious craving to stop at the convienence store on the way home and pick up a bag of chips :rolleyes:

severine

Website
poetinthepantry.com
The only thing that I hate about that Frito Lay plant is it's less than 1/2 mile from one of the tracks that I run at, and when the prevailing NW wind that is common to my area is blowing and you're excercising at that track, all you smell is potato chips! Many times after running a few miles there I find that I have a serious craving to stop at the convienence store on the way home and pick up a bag of chips :rolleyes:
I can see how that would be problematic! :drool:

Moe Ghoul

Realizing that I haven't been to the gym/pool in at least a month and the few bike rides I've taken haven't amounted to a hill of beans. I guess I milked that chest cold for all its worth.

dmc

people that call conference calls at 6PM of a friggin Friday...

wa-loaf

people that call conference calls at 6PM of a friggin Friday...

West Coasters?

Our company meetings are pretty funny. Got the Californians sitting around with their starbucks and the folks in London and Amsterdam drinking beers. And we just want the meeting over so we can go to lunch.

ed-drum

I now hate tv news. FEAR AND DEATH, FEAR AND DEATH. What does a car accident in the city have to do with anything?