• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

This weather positively sucks

mlctvt

It was 60 degrees this afternoon at my condo in West Dover, VT (Mount Snow) . Warmer than at my home in CT .

witch hobble

Never got above 35 at my house in central NH. I skied Loon this afternoon with our school program. Uhhhhhh......it was....variable? Freezing rain last night, fog, passing showers. There was some rock hard cord, some frozen granular, and something I would call "broken glass over mashed potatoes (the kind from a box, gritty, not homemade)." It didn't suck, but it wasn't very good.

JDMRoma

60 degree's at 4am in Hudson NH, Pooring rain all the way to work in Mass.
trail reports are going to be nasty today......

tomcat

Website
tomcatoutdoors.blogspot.com
I hear a lot of how nice it is too. Every warm up we have has been pea soup fog or rain. Not my ideal weather anytime of year. Even in dead center of Maine where it holds onto winter weeks after say Bangor it is 50 right now and we lost most of the snow. Ground is emerging around trees and shoveled areas (good years there are pockets of snow until early may).

bdfreetuna

We lost about 10" of natural snowpack basically overnight here. What's left is a slushy inch or two and a lot of bare spots... which isn't going to last very long.

(this measured at work in Williamsburg where there was more snow to begin with than in Northampton)

AdironRider

Weather dudes out here are talking about a massive storm headed for the northeast. Calling upwards of two feet, but conflicting models. US model has it hitting more North, aka northern NH and Maine. Euro model has same accumulation, but more south from NYC up to Portland.

Either way it sounds like somewhere will be getting the goods.

Smellytele

Weather dudes out here are talking about a massive storm headed for the northeast. Calling upwards of two feet, but conflicting models. US model has it hitting more North, aka northern NH and Maine. Euro model has same accumulation, but more south from NYC up to Portland.

Either way it sounds like somewhere will be getting the goods.

Euro has it hitting hardest in Boston, S NH, S ME or more so S VT than N VT. Actually most models are saying this now. It could also just blow out to sea. :)

kingslug

Guess I missed this crap weather, not that it snowed much in BC either, we got 4 inches the whole week..but it does kick ass out there...now back to reality looks like snow on the way...
Our winter are getting rather pathetic though...