• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Three Places you intend to visit this year that you haven't yet!

jaytrem

I always shoot for 10 new ones, some years I'm more successful than others. The plans for this year is...

1. Mt Hood Skibowl
2. Cooper Spur (if they open for night skiing this year)
3. Hoodoo
4. Mt. Ashland
5. Shasta
6. Warner Canyon
7. Willamette Pass
8. Middlebury
9. Suicide Six
10. Whaleback

BenedictGomez

Well if you hit Jay Peak on that card - might as well hit Owls Head they are 20-30 minutes apart.

How is Owl's Head compared with Mont Sutton? The reason I want to go to Mont Sutton is because supposedly the trees are great.

abc

I'm totally baffled by the title. Is it 3 places I intend to hit THIS YEAR? Or 3 places I haven't been but hope to hit SOME YEAR?

The second list is way more than 3, but I'm not planning on hitting that list much this year. So, I'll go with the first list: 3 places that are off my regular that I hope to hit this year.

1. Crested Butte -- it's on my RMSP, and I've never skied it. So I'm looking forward.
2. Sugarloaf -- 1st time last season, quite impressed, will hope to go back
3. Stowe -- no need to say more

Last edited:

St. Bear

Website
twitter.com
Alta
Snowbird
Solitude
Brighton

As for the East, I think Whaleback (likely) and Saddleback (unlikely) are the only possibilities for new hits.

dlague

How is Owl's Head compared with Mont Sutton? The reason I want to go to Mont Sutton is because supposedly the trees are great.

Trees better at Sutton for sure. Owls head has some decent gladed areas but over all Owls head is fun because of narrower trails.

4aprice

My original response had me thinking east coast only. I am heading west in March and thinking about getting to Salt Lake through Denver (Road tripping through the mountains) in which case I might hit 2 or 3 of the following; Ski Cooper, Sunlight and Powderhorn (see Snoseek's TR from a couple of years ago)

Alex

Lake Hopatcong, NJ

jimk

I always shoot for 10 new ones, some years I'm more successful than others. The plans for this year is...

1. Mt Hood Skibowl
2. Cooper Spur (if they open for night skiing this year)
3. Hoodoo
4. Mt. Ashland
5. Shasta
6. Warner Canyon
7. Willamette Pass
8. Middlebury
9. Suicide Six
10. Whaleback

Ten new ones a year is gettin' around. By the looks of your list you're starting to dive deep now:-D

Good thread for fantasizing on a rainy pre-season day in the mid-Atlantic. We're probably still about a month out for the start of our season. Some new-to-me areas I hope to hit this season are Breckenridge and Jackson Hole. I have an Epic Pass and also expect to ski Vail for the first time since 1976.

Edd

Southern Vermont continues to elude me. I finally hit Stratton recently. Left to try:

Magic

Okemo

Bromley

Heading north:

Bolton

Owls Head

Big Squaw

Should be able to cross two of these suckers off the list.

xwhaler

Definitely Middlebury
Hopefully Owls Head, Berkshire East, Granite Gorge, S6, Abram

Tin

I thought it was just a "this year goal" sort of thing. I need to lay off the lunch time drinking, damn wisdom teeth.

Last edited:

KevinF

Definitely: Middlebury Snow Bowl and Jackson Hole

One of these days I have to abandon my beloved Stowe and check out Smuggler's Notch... I've just never felt like driving an hour around. I've been saying "one of these days..." for a long time though.

MadMadWorld

Definitely: Middlebury Snow Bowl and Jackson Hole

One of these days I have to abandon my beloved Stowe and check out Smuggler's Notch... I've just never felt like driving an hour around. I've been saying "one of these days..." for a long time though.

It's well worth it. The terrain and uncrowded trails is your think you'll have a blast