• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Thursday, January 16th 2014

MadMadWorld

This gets a thumbs up from you?! I'd rather read about the relative merits of manual transmissions and how many bras qualify a tree for a bra tree than to hear that the best I can hope for is an inch of snow. :argue:

Your going to piss off the snow gods with that rhetoric!

skifree

im driving the fwd without snows this weekend up north instead of the 4X4's. that should get things going.
leaving milk and bread at home

BenedictGomez

Magic is in the money!

View attachment 10446

Get out the 130 Pontoons! Six inches would be good though. Cant complain about that if it happens, but put this Debby Downer down for the Under on that.

ONECOL.jpg

drjeff

Magic is in the money!

View attachment 10446

Get out the 130 Pontoons! Six inches would be good though. Cant complain about that if it happens, but put this Debby Downer down for the Under on that.

ONECOL.jpg

Black line rope drop for sure ;)

Now we just need to get the series of apparent clippers that look be the case every few days over the next 10+ days to keep bring 4-6" (and hopefully more!) and we'll get back in business soon!

4aprice

Black line rope drop for sure ;)

Now we just need to get the series of apparent clippers that look be the case every few days over the next 10+ days to keep bring 4-6" (and hopefully more!) and we'll get back in business soon!

Yep, good snowmaking weather too. Potential for a Couple of Miller B's. Things are going to ramp back up slowly but surely. The bridge jumpers can come down.

Alex

Lake Hopatcong, NJ

Tin

Sunday River's FB page just posted a news model of 6-12" Saturday night and for much of the Whites. All I've seen is 1-3" if they're lucky. Any reliable updates?

billski

Website
ski.iabsi.com
Sunday River's FB page just posted a news model of 6-12" Saturday night and for much of the Whites. All I've seen is 1-3" if they're lucky. Any reliable updates?
NWS GRAY MAINE WRITES:

A quick-moving low pressure system will move nearby Saturday. Here is a first crack at snow totals for tomorrow. This situation is a bit more tricky than normal due to the quick moving nature of the system, the relatively small area of intense lift that will help cause heavy precipitation, and surface temperatures in the 30s. At this time it looks like snow or a rain/snow mix should begin Saturday morning (with all rain possible at the immediate coast). As the low starts to strengthen, any mix should go over to snow late morning or early afternoon...and it should snow hard during the afternoon and perhaps into early evening (a heavy wet snow). It's not out of the question that a few spots will end up in the 5-8 inch range but we will continue to monitor trends in the data overnight.
5:15PM 1/17

GRAYME.jpg

ijenn

Thanks for the info! Hiking in the Whites tomorrow (Surprise & Moriah) and it's great to see some snow totals.

dlague

We are in central Nh and we have about 3-4 inches so far! More expected over night! Thank god!

Wavewheeler

Don't knock that 1-3" of snow we got last Thursday! It gave us a really nice coating of powder up at Killington and turned what was a pretty dismal landscape of brown to wintery white. It really lifted up our spirits after watching it rain all day Tuesday and then a warm Wednesday where I couldn't remember ever seeing so much grass on the sides of the trails. At least it looked and felt like winter and it did make for better conditions too.

Made things rather foggy in the higher elevation though but I wasn't complaining. Better white then wet! :)