• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Today's Financial Woes

ed-drum

Posse Comitatus is NOT dead. The President re-wrote it in 2006 but it was re-instated in it's entirety in 2008. The politicians are the ones creating the fear. Ron Paul is absolutely correct. Maybe people should review the evidence before dismissing it. I have told people things in the past and they didn't believe me, but checked the facts and came back and apologized for yelling at me.

Moe Ghoul

Posse Comitatus is NOT dead. The President re-wrote it in 2006 but it was re-instated in it's entirety in 2008. The politicians are the ones creating the fear. Ron Paul is absolutely correct. Maybe people should review the evidence before dismissing it. I have told people things in the past and they didn't believe me, but checked the facts and came back and apologized for yelling at me.

Let's hope it is never put to the test, arguing the merits in front of the Supremes will be too late. FEMA powers are frighteningly sweeping. Having a constitutional showdown amidst a future crisis is pretty bad timing.

Moe Ghoul

In late 2006, Congress revised the Posse Comitatus Act and the Insurrection Act to make it far easier for a president to declare martial law. Those changes were repealed at the end of this January as part of Public Law 110-181 (HR 4986), the National Defense Authorization Act for Fiscal Year 2008 (signed into law by President Bush on January 28, 2008).

Senator Patrick Leahy (D-Vt), who championed the opposition to the original law, was also the hero of the repeal. It helped that all the nation’s governors opposed the 2006 law.

Wow, I missed that, thanks for the heads up.

ed-drum

Thank you, Moe. I was at the anti Viet Nam protests in Washington and I saw the cops come and beat the crap out of people who were PEACEFULLY exercising their constitutional rights. I got out of there when the tear gas drifted in our direction. I wasn't in the crowd, just watching from across the street. This has been going on for a long time. The television just doesn't tell the truth sometimes. Viet Nam wasn't fought because of the "Communist" threat, it was over the control of the Heroin. I had a lot of friends that were there who came back addicted. I never understood how Hitler got control of the people until I lived in Germany, and hung with the locals. They manipulated the economy, had it crash and blamed it in the Jews. I repeat, this is NOT politics it is about current events. Belleayre is about politics.