• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Tucks Condition This Year?

Rowsdower

Looks like I may be taking a trip to the White Mountains this May or June. I plan on hiking around the Presidentials and thought about checking out Tuckerman's Ravine. I've never been, but I know historically it holds snow into June or July. Seeing as how bad a year we've had, is there any chance Tucks will be skiable this May/June?

I figure the snowpack is already pretty thin up there, but just wanted to get some better opinions on the matter.

thetrailboss

Staff member
I'm curious as well. I was stunned as to how low the snow is on Lafayette as I drove by today. Same for what I could see of the Presidentials, but like Lafayette those are the western sides that are pretty exposed to sun.

Jully

How many of the rain events were rain up high on Mount Washington? I never really paid attention.

yeggous

How many of the rain events were rain up high on Mount Washington? I never really paid attention.

Most if not all. The base on Tucks has the same weather as the summit of Wildcat.

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone mobile app

Not Sure

Website
www.youtube.com
Looks like I may be taking a trip to the White Mountains this May or June. I plan on hiking around the Presidentials and thought about checking out Tuckerman's Ravine. I've never been, but I know historically it holds snow into June or July. Seeing as how bad a year we've had, is there any chance Tucks will be skiable this May/June?

I figure the snowpack is already pretty thin up there, but just wanted to get some better opinions on the matter.

T4T guys do a slack fest on Memorial day , Auto road and walk to snowfields 700'ish vert. This year?

STREETSKIER

Staying in Vt this spring way to thin to bother to much walking nothing is filled in sad sad spring

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

machski

Some parts of Tucks may be skiable in April, doubt if the man headwall will be without several good storms March/April. No way it makes it out of April at this rate. And I would plan to be hiking in and out, Sherburn will not be holding snow this year.

deadheadskier

Staff member
This is from today. Just cell phone pics. Didn't have my camera with good zoom.

Attachments

• 1457048844210.jpg
    1457048844210.jpg
    37.3 KB · Views: 83
  • 1457048857351.jpg
    1457048857351.jpg
    34.3 KB · Views: 84