• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Ungroomed Black Diamond Question

ceo

How about some love for the Cannonball “Express” unloading my ramp? Steepest thing at cannon!
Actually the old Peabody double had a seriously high and steep unload ramp. Found it pretty scary as a kid.

zyk

The worst thing I ever skied..well slid down , was a solid ice 44 at Hunter..zero ability to get a grip on it..should not have been open. It was a ribbon of solid ice.
Annapurna at Hunter... Like a tilted hockey rink and canted towards the woods. Can be great ungroomed but terrifying when its all ice. Bonus you can't see it from anywhere to assess the conditions and there's no escape route.

kendo

Annapurna at Hunter... Like a tilted hockey rink and canted towards the woods. Can be great ungroomed but terrifying when its all ice. Bonus you can't see it from anywhere to assess the conditions and there's no escape route.

also terrifying when the all ice surface includes a center berm, running the length of the main steep - left by multiple grooming passes. That berm was hidden in Anna's low light and launched me into a death slide. Luckily I stayed on the slope. Another skier wasn't so lucky (2/17). Slid 200' and into the trees...