• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Vail / Hunter Marketing Dept ???

catskillman

So Hunter puts out a Facebook thread that in the 1st sentence says Octoberfest is cancelled. Later they go on to say that they will have Beer, Food and the the Skyride open outside for the next 4 weekends.

Well - no one reads past the 1st sentence of course.

So what happens - the place is empty ! Scotty's arrives with a ton of food but there is noone there. On Sunday afternoon, they did not even have the bar set up outside when I got there in the afternoon. There were probably 10 people there.

Tannersville was packed with a car show, and the local ski shop has over 200 people in there for the race teams and the shop at the mountain was closed.. Everyone I spoke to anywhere did not knew it was going on !!!

What a huge miss for Vail ! Not even a sign at the mountain entrance. Good for the local businesses however.

Who is running their marketing dept???? Any other mountains having a void in communication ?

Meanwhile Scotty says they expect even bigger crowds this year and he will probably be open 7 days a week at the summit.

FBGM

Id be surprised if they have more then 1 on site person in marketing. Just as short there as rest of staffing.

Marketing for the most part is coming from corporate. Who knows if they are even fully staffed. Probably not.

Also, I don’t think Vail cares about “small” summer events. They seem to push away from anything summer more and more these days.

catskillman

still zero marketing on this !!! I went up Saturday around 3, place was empty. About 20 people and a zip line group.

Who is in charge. This isn't just marketing, where are the bean counters concerned about the missed revenue and good will.......

catskillman

there was absolutly no advertising for this weekend again ! Went up there yesterday, there was noone there.

Windham was packed both yesterday and today on the other hand.

I will never be able to understand this.......

catskillman

Danny's son Brady was chosen to compete in a Poma sponsored challenge for lift mechanics. See video at link below. Mom & Dad are part of it.....

gittist

Is anyone else getting bombarded with emails everyday about making lodging reservations or that the time for buying an EPIC pass is running out (even though I already have one for this season):mad:? I hope Vail never sends me anything I really need or want to know about because I unsubscribed from everything and added them to SPAM:unsure:.

RichT

N Haledon, NJ/Jewett, NY/South Seaside Park, NJ
Is anyone else getting bombarded with emails everyday about making lodging reservations or that the time for buying an EPIC pass is running out (even though I already have one for this season):mad:? I hope Vail never sends me anything I really need or want to know about because I unsubscribed from everything and added them to SPAM:unsure:.
Yeah, I got them too.............I looked at Park City. $700 a night for a hotel close to the Mtn! No thanks.