• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

VAIL SUCKS

PAabe

55 additional Epic™ pages of Vail for your reading enjoyment

oldfartrider

Skied attitash this afternoon, spring skiing in the rain. Every lift open has just one trail to ski (1.33 off the triple) It requires a skate to lap flying bear. It requires a skate to get to the yankee from a triple run. No flow. Looks like mountain hosts are being used as lifties. the triple kept stopping and going. It was empty and fun though. Thought about getting a beer at ptarmigans but my phone died with my vax card pic on it. Took a piss at the bear peak lodge. They have the cafeteria side where you used to boot up roped off, there is a security guard checking vax cards to buy overpriced food there. It didn’t seem welcoming and was completely empty. I’m going to be so frustrating when the yankee is closed midweek again and they have a security guard in each lodge (3 total) and not enough staff to run lifts. I’m not buying anything from a vail resort again this year, I’ll walk across to Matty bs if I don’t have a pocket beer.
One of the mountains I think it was Stowe was adding some type of sticker to the RFID card for vax proof. So in the future this is what would be shown. I’m not sure exactly what was added as I haven’t eaten inside.

drjeff

One of the mountains I think it was Stowe was adding some type of sticker to the RFID card for vax proof. So in the future this is what would be shown. I’m not sure exactly what was added as I haven’t eaten inside.
Mount Snow will put a sticker on your Epic Pass at the host/check-in station if you show them a copy/picture of your Vax card prior to you heading in to grab a bite to eat.

Makes it quicker

chuckstah

Skied attitash this afternoon, spring skiing in the rain. Every lift open has just one trail to ski (1.33 off the triple) It requires a skate to lap flying bear. It requires a skate to get to the yankee from a triple run. No flow. Looks like mountain hosts are being used as lifties. the triple kept stopping and going. It was empty and fun though. Thought about getting a beer at ptarmigans but my phone died with my vax card pic on it. Took a piss at the bear peak lodge. They have the cafeteria side where you used to boot up roped off, there is a security guard checking vax cards to buy overpriced food there. It didn’t seem welcoming and was completely empty. I’m going to be so frustrating when the yankee is closed midweek again and they have a security guard in each lodge (3 total) and not enough staff to run lifts. I’m not buying anything from a vail resort again this year, I’ll walk across to Matty bs if I don’t have a pocket beer.
This will be year two of not spending a dime at Vail areas. Pocket beer for the lift, or tailgating at the car every time.

elks

Agreed. I could totally see Tomorrow and Tuesday closed to recover from Crap weather post Holiday week, especially given the snowmaking opportunity window. The fact that it is Mon/Ties closed period moving forward, they lose any wiggle room I'm willing to give.
Looks like Crotched is blasting on Meteor and Moonwalk right now! :)

ericfromMA/NH/VT

Mount Snow will put a sticker on your Epic Pass at the host/check-in station if you show them a copy/picture of your Vax card prior to you heading in to grab a bite to eat.

Makes it quicker
all of the resorts are doing it. You show prof of vax and you get the sticker. Then they can scan you as you come in and and see you have been vaxed. got mine at crotched wednesday.

its actually a smart thing to do, which surprises the hell out of me.

Reactions: Edd

snoseek

You mean everything that already had snow on it is at full blast...............they should also be spreading it now.
I don't know but if I was making those decisions I would definitely be resurfacing real quick before moving on to expand. Next high volume period isn't till mlk and current surfaces are probably beat up from the past ten days. Seems like good logic to me.

I bet crotched skis pretty damn good first thing wednesday

Edd

There’s lively discussion at the SkiTalk forum about Vail’s performance nationwide this season. Haven’t checked other forums but I’ll be shocked if their pass sales don’t drop noticeably next season.

Stock price aside, I’d love to hear what the top brass at Vail are saying to each other in meetings. “We’re widely reviled, great job everyone!” ???

Kingslug20

This shit keeps up and i may ditch epic next year...supporting this company is a waste of time...

So Inclined

I don't know but if I was making those decisions I would definitely be resurfacing real quick before moving on to expand. Next high volume period isn't till mlk and current surfaces are probably beat up from the past ten days. Seems like good logic to me.

I bet crotched skis pretty damn good first thing wednesday
"Beat up" is an understatement. High-volume trails like Belt and Hell Gate and Mossy had big incursions of brown snow down to mud in places, and some vital connectors like the end of White Cloud where it meets mid-station were all but gone by early Sunday. I'd rather they got that shored up first if there's a decision to be made there.