• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

VAIL SUCKS

Mainer

Wildcat not opening this weekend. Will know next Tuesday when they are.

doublediamond

More Lynx pipe troubles? Why would you try to open on a longer route (9200’ vs 8200’) including having snow made across the whole base for a second year in a row?

Mainer

I had to laugh. For some reason I thought wildcat was going to open on time, I don’t know why. Another year of vail being vail. I’m just glad I didn’t get an epic pass this year.

eatskisleep

It’s funny their @Skiwildcat page is updated but their other page and website are not. Hope nobody shows up thinking it’s open.

snoseek

Wildcat is talking about a mug club this year. Now, you'd assume that means the bar will be open, but they've taught me to assume nothing. They could just be selling mugs :D
I'm going out on a limb and saying they will be staffed up better this year. That bar prints money like any other ski area bar.

Not saying vail ain't gonna do some stupid vail shit but I don't think it's gonna be anything remotely similar to the past couple years.

deadheadskier

Staff member
I miss my my mug club days. Had one all 5 years. Thought I'd never move on from there as my home mountain. Ce la vi

snoseek

I am passless right now specifically because I want to see how things play out early on. t2b on Thanksgiving has me forgetting the disaster that was last season...I've known all along things would improve.

I ski M,T,W this year fwiw so the epic liftline stuff doesn't bother me. Cannon pass is a given as usual.

thetrailboss

Staff member
I mean they released a vid so I'm gonna assume yes. Last year there was no attempt and no staff.
Well they were all Gung Ho about opening last week and didn’t make it.

Hopefully that was a one-off. Wildcat fans need some love.