• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

VAIL SUCKS

PAabe

Hershey has some good coasters but the Phoenix at Knoebels is my favorite. I don't like amusement parks as much as when I was a kid but Knoebels is a lot more laid back

thetrailboss

Staff member
Just announced by Stowe. Let the screaming begin......

A letter from the GM:
I’m Bobby Murphy, general manager here at Stowe Mountain Resort, and I’d like to share an update on a topic that’s been on a lot of people’s minds this season.
We are proud to be a popular destination for skiing and riding, but we recognize that traffic is a key challenge. I’ve been asked what we can do to improve the flow of guests into and out of the resort. What can we do to help reduce traffic congestion, increase carpooling, and increase the use of public transit to the resort? How can our operations help change behavior? In response to this, Stowe Mountain Resort will implement a new parking plan for the 2022-23 winter season which includes free and paid parking, new payment strategies and special incentives for those who choose to carpool.
Parking will remain free at all lots Monday through Thursday during non-holiday periods, and at all lots after 2pm. Paid parking will be implemented Friday through Sunday and holidays at all lots, except at the Cross Country Center and Toll House area lots which will remain free seven days a week. Free parking will also be offered at all times in all lots to cars arriving with four or more guests, which we hope encourages carpooling. Additionally, payment can be made via a smartphone app or on-site kiosks to help ensure faster, more efficient parking, especially at our busiest times.
By encouraging more people to use public transport, carpool or visit during non-peak times, we hope to move congestion off of the two-lane road leading to the resort and from our main lots.
In addition, we are ramping up our partnership with Green Mountain Transit, with proceeds from our paid parking going toward additional buses and capacity as well as toward our own resort shuttle system to improve public transportation in and around the resort.
We thank you for your understanding as we strive to create smoother arrivals and departures at our resort. We’ll be releasing additional details about the plan soon.
Thank you,
Bobby

Kingslug20

Guy in the gas station parking lot sees this on my truck..says its great..wants to take a pic of it. Sure..but I think theyre maybe hope..they seem to be trying a bit...
Now fuck all that...they suck20220204_182540.jpg

gittist

lol figured the just announced parking charges would find their way over to this thread!
And how does having paid parking control traffic? Outside of the very small numbers that might car pool the only way I can think of is pissing people off enough that they go somewhere else.

KustyTheKlown

And how does having paid parking control traffic? Outside of the very small numbers that might car pool the only way I can think of is pissing people off enough that they go somewhere else.

bingo. they want your pass money to show up but they don't want you to show up, unless you're the type to pay for parking, private lessons, expensive food, official lodging.

JimG.

Staff member
Don't ask me...I have no horse in this race.

But I agree the traffic control method seems to be to piss potential skiers off so they ski elsewhere.

Paid parking is definitely a hot button issue for the skiing on the cheap crowd.

thetrailboss

Staff member
In other news.....congrats to Win. Not so sure about Katz though.

Kingslug20

Well I can ski mon to thurs there..then weekends at either there or SB..will depend on what my wife wants...she probably wont care...not a fan of Stowe on weekends anyway..

abc

And how does having paid parking control traffic?
The only "control" it will exercise is control those willing to ski for additional cost!

As the Nordic center and Toll house lot are now the only free lot, wouldn't those got filled as people can catch bus from there? The Nordic center lot isn't big, how big is the Toll House lot?

(that said, I paid for parking at Beaver Creek as I didn't know any other alternatives -- rumor has it you can park for free some place, just need to hop on a bus, but you need to do that even in the paid lot anyway)

Again, I no longer have a dog in the fight as I will not be renewing my Epic pass for next year. But just being curious...

Last edited:

mbedle

Toll house is really small compared to the cross country center. While tool house and cross country lots will get filled, if a lot of people staying in town start using the bus, the bus will be filled by the time it gets to either of those lots. They said they are working with Green Mountain, so maybe they will have dedicated busses just for those lots.

meff

(that said, I paid for parking at Beaver Creek as I didn't know any other alternatives -- rumor has it you can park for free some place, just need to hop on a bus, but you need to do that even in the paid lot anyway)

Clearly didn't look too much for the free parking. :rolleyes: