• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

VAIL SUCKS

FBGM

Well it will be just my luck... Hunter will blow like crazy, open the entire west side including the lift midweek this year... And I bought a different pass. You can thank me later.
I think Hunter and Vail will blow, just blow. Not snow. Just blow

eatskisleep

Nice drop in Vail stock lately. Still severely overpriced. Disclosure: I currently hold a short position. Vail sucks.

BenedictGomez

What point ? That one of the best female basketball players of all time has greater political value than a portly middle aged retired Handyman?

Oh yeah, because people give a **** about women's basketball, and a domestic league which has lost millions of dollars every year (literally) since its inception. Before her arrest, a vast majority of people didnt even know who she was if you allowed yourself a moment of honesty. Don't be naïve.

drjeff

Well judging by the race schedule that I just saw was put out for the Eastern Region, Vail is planning on keeping Attitash Open through the last week of March at minumum, as they are scheduled to host the Eastern U16 finals from March 18-21 and then the Eastern U18 finals from March 22-25. And considering that these are big events that the mountain has to apply for/bid on to host, that's a sign that the mountain, mountain ops and the Attitash Race Staff are intent on making these events happen at the end of March

2Planker

Well judging by the race schedule that I just saw was put out for the Eastern Region, Vail is planning on keeping Attitash Open through the last week of March at minumum, as they are scheduled to host the Eastern U16 finals from March 18-21 and then the Eastern U18 finals from March 22-25. And considering that these are big events that the mountain has to apply for/bid on to host, that's a sign that the mountain, mountain ops and the Attitash Race Staff are intent on making these events happen at the end of March
Except that I wouldn't believe one F'ing word Attitash says at this point.....
It'll be a very slow start to the season, followed by super crowded and way under staffed holiday period.
Hopefully they can get their shit together in Jan/Feb.

Still looking for Lift Op personnel and supervisor, Groomers (@ lowest pay in MWV), and Snowmakers.
And that's just the On Mt crew. No job fair this year, Minimal adds.....
Sure is gonna be interesting..

jimmywilson69

So they are hiring tons of people but didn't have a hiring event? Even little ole Roundtop has a hiring event every year (including the Vail years)

this is just another example of how the lack of stable upper management at AT and Wildcat are affecting their ability to operate properly.

ctdubl07

Funny you mention hiring/job fair.....I live about 15 minutes from Ski Sundown in CT and the last few years, I have Vol for my kids school "ski night" thus putting me on their mailing list. An email came thru earlier promoting upcoming hiring fair, on the spot interviews and work perks.

2Planker

So they are hiring tons of people but didn't have a hiring event? Even little ole Roundtop has a hiring event every year (including the Vail years)

this is just another example of how the lack of stable upper management at AT and Wildcat are affecting their ability to operate properly.
No, not really. They are barely even looking or advertising...
Most of the "on snow" full timers from the last couple years threw in the towel.
All of them took their (many years of) experience to BW, Pleasant, Cranmore, Black usually for better $$$$.

Once again, WC asked me to return, but I'm holding out.
With 40 years experience, they need to up the anti., Also have offers on the table from both BW & Pleasant.
I bet WC takes the new guy w/ not even 2 full season under his belt.

Last edited:

machski

Well, I will give Vail credit for figuring what to do with the stymied Silver load and Eagle replacement lifts at PC. Sending both up to Blackcomb/Whistler, need a bit of re-engineering but the 8 and 6 will be going in up there next summer. Good on them.

thebigo

Casual skiier may be finally starting to catch on:

However, full Epic and Epic Local unlimited season pass sales declined roughly 10 percent. The company’s total 2023 capital plan is expected to total $191 million to $196 million, significantly less than this year’s $323 to $333 million. Those numbers reflect approximately $10 million in capital deferred from 2022 to 2023 as a result of the Park City and Keystone lift delays.

Edd

big lols at stowe's facebook post about parking and the melts in the comments. sweet season pass you got there, would be a shame if i doubled your costs with a parking pass that guarantees nothing

View attachment 54822
:D
I have no words, but we’re probably not at rock bottom yet. Sweet Jesus, if I were a lifelong Stowe local/homer I’d be having a bad day.

slatham

ok I can understand the lack of a guaranteed spot. Never know how many people will show, plus the added variable of the number of car pools on a given day. That said, there is an easy solution - a prior reservation. Yes it’s a pain but you’ve already paid for an Epic pass, paid for a parking pass, and are forced to use an app. Pretty simple to give the option to go on said app and reserve a spot.

Simply can’t imagine showing up after all that hassle and money and being told to turn around and go to remote lot, or potentially home?

Luckily I will not be subject to any of the above……

thetrailboss

Staff member
ok I can understand the lack of a guaranteed spot. Never know how many people will show, plus the added variable of the number of car pools on a given day. That said, there is an easy solution - a prior reservation. Yes it’s a pain but you’ve already paid for an Epic pass, paid for a parking pass, and are forced to use an app. Pretty simple to give the option to go on said app and reserve a spot.

Simply can’t imagine showing up after all that hassle and money and being told to turn around and go to remote lot, or potentially home?

Luckily I will not be subject to any of the above……
Parking reservations make complete sense. Except if you are Vail. The reason I say that is because when folks go to make a reservation, and can't, it becomes painfully obvious that Vail is overselling their product and customers will be very angry (a lot already are).

gittist

So I wonder what you do at the pay station if your car has 4 people in it?? :unsure: "Yes I certify I arrived with 3 other people.." .;)..yeah...rigghhhhht.