• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

VAIL SUCKS

cdskier

They've finally provided the answer to how they will validate the "4 people or more is free" thing...

For free carpool parking, simply follow these steps:

1. Find one of our Parking Ambassadors, situated throughout the lot. They can verify four or more in a vehicle.
  2. Once verified our Parking Ambassadors will provide you with a Carpool Parking Code.
  3. Simply apply the Carpool Parking Code to the payment system for free carpool parking.

mbedle

Parking reservations make complete sense. Except if you are Vail. The reason I say that is because when folks go to make a reservation, and can't, it becomes painfully obvious that Vail is overselling their product and customers will be very angry (a lot already are).
I think being stuck on Mountain Road for 2 hours has already proven to most people they are crowded. What will be interesting is seeing if the bus service is going to be able to handle some increased usage. I will expect to see crazy bus stop lines at Toll House and the cross country center from 7:30- 9:00 in the mornings.

cdskier

I've noticed in life that whenever a company tells me to "simply" do something, it almost always turns out to be a big pain in the ass.

Hah...agreed! I can see numerous potential issues with this method that will make it anything but "simple".

deadheadskier

Staff member
I have no words, but we’re probably not at rock bottom yet. Sweet Jesus, if I were a lifelong Stowe local/homer I’d be having a bad day.

They pretty much have turned the place into my ex-girlfriend from college that I don't really care to see again. We had some really good times 25 years ago, but man did she become a total bitch. Same thing

eatskisleep

The time to short will be once you notice large increases in the price of ancillary items.
Such as parking …

snoseek

I read this thread right before bed last night and had this dream that I pulled up to the Manfield lot to go skiing and the lot was replaced with hotels. when asked where to park I was told you had to stay in the hotel to access

4aprice

They've finally provided the answer to how they will validate the "4 people or more is free" thing...

For free carpool parking, simply follow these steps:

1. Find one of our Parking Ambassadors, situated throughout the lot. They can verify four or more in a vehicle.
  2. Once verified our Parking Ambassadors will provide you with a Carpool Parking Code.
  3. Simply apply the Carpool Parking Code to the payment system for free carpool parking.
Exactly how Solitude in Utah runs their lot. Never had a hard time tracking down parking attendant there.

Keelhauled

finding these parking ambassadors will be a bit like going on a sasquatch hunt. desperately searching in the snow for something that doesn't exist.
My minor conspiracy theory is they're going to assign one ambassador for the AM rush. No one will be able to find the person, so they say the hell with it and leave. At noon, they'll deploy a dozen more people who spend the afternoon going through and writing tickets.

Cobbold

My minor conspiracy theory is they're going to assign one ambassador for the AM rush. No one will be able to find the person, so they say the hell with it and leave. At noon, they'll deploy a dozen more people who spend the afternoon going through and writing tickets.
How does stowe collect on the parking tickets? Looks to my like the whole pay for parking is an honor system, after you park you hit the app on your cell phone and if you don’t hit the app, what can stowe do about it?

KustyTheKlown

How does stowe collect on the parking tickets? Looks to my like the whole pay for parking is an honor system, after you park you hit the app on your cell phone and if you don’t hit the app, what can stowe do about it?
if you have multiple unpaid citations, they tow you off their lot

cdskier

Who is towing you the town or vail?

Technically neither. I'd assume it would be whoever Interstate Parking hires to do it (unless they have their own tow trucks and impound lot...but I kind of doubt that).

Cobbold

if you have multiple unpaid citations, they tow you off their lot
Kusty , you are a lawyer, but I worked with an organization 40 years years ago that looked into towing cars that parked in their parking spaces, they dropped it because of Massachusetts laws made it virtually impossible to tow a car, granted that was Massachusetts not Vermont, and it was a long time so my memory may be off on this, my guess stowe mtn resort towing cars that are not parked in front of fire hydrants and fire lanes is next to impossible

thetrailboss

Staff member
I read this thread right before bed last night and had this dream that I pulled up to the Manfield lot to go skiing and the lot was replaced with hotels. when asked where to park I was told you had to stay in the hotel to access
Interestingly enough Vail owns NONE of the hotels at Stowe.

KustyTheKlown

Kusty , you are a lawyer, but I worked with an organization 40 years years ago that looked into towing cars that parked in their parking spaces, they dropped it because of Massachusetts laws made it virtually impossible to tow a car, granted that was Massachusetts not Vermont, and it was a long time so my memory may be off on this, my guess stowe mtn resort towing cars that are not parked in front of fire hydrants and fire lanes is next to impossible

It’s the same thing as the supermarket around the corner that has signs that say parking for customers only violators will be towed. It’s private property, if you park there without proper authorization they have the right to remove your car