• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

VAIL SUCKS

Kingslug20

It's very simple to contract with a towing company...they love this stuff..

BenedictGomez

I have no words, but we’re probably not at rock bottom yet. Sweet Jesus, if I were a lifelong Stowe local/homer I’d be having a bad day.

Not even close. Lots more juice can be incrementally squeezed from various lemons. Just squeeze slowly.

My belief has always been that the "unprecedented cheap skiing" will get much closer to the "old expensive skiing" eventually, for all but the thriftiest of skiers who can navigate the monetization landmines. I expect Vail to eventually put in a Disney FAST PASS at all their lists eventually, but it will cost FAST PASS holders $X more per day. I'm not clever enough to dream up all the ways Vail can add new fees to skiers, but unfortunately, they sure are.

Last edited:

thetrailboss

Staff member
Not even close. Lots more juice can be incrementally squeezed from various lemons. Just squeeze slowly.

My belief has always been that the "unprecedented cheap skiing" will get much closer to the "old expensive skiing" eventually, for all but the thriftiest of skiers who can navigate the monetization landmines. I expect Vail to eventually put in a Disney FAST PASS at all their lists eventually, but it will cost FAST PASS holders $X more per day. I'm not clever enough to dream up all the ways Vail can add new fees to skiers, but unfortunately, they sure are.
A special surcharge to ski the Front Four.

• Haha
Reactions: Edd

kickstand

I expect Vail to eventually put in a Disney FAST PASS at all their lists eventually, but it will cost FAST PASS holders $X more per day.
Bretton Woods has this, cleverly called The Bretton Woods Club. I've only ever seen old dudes reeking of money with it. There's an application for it online. For a single skier, it's $4300, almost $6700 for a couple. Tack on a few hundred more per dependent.

Edd

Bretton Woods has this, cleverly called The Bretton Woods Club. I've only ever seen old dudes reeking of money with it. There's an application for it online. For a single skier, it's $4300, almost $6700 for a couple. Tack on a few hundred more per dependent.
Interesting, I’ve never looked into it but those prices are hilarious. I know they’ve taken over the old summit lodge. I see they have their own parking, and that you get line cutting privileges.

Do you know if there’s a bar/tavern in their base lodge? It’s not very big. Just wondering what else all that $ gets you.

catskillman

Hunter also has a place, but no priority lift access. For 1 person I believe it is $1,200. Gets you a locker, and parking. That's it. Very overpriced. Used to get coffee and hot chocolate but not during covid, doubt they will bring that back. It is the closet locker room to the lifts, but only by about p50 steps, Those lockers are $300, a bit smaller, and you have to use the public bathrooms. High peaks has 1 womans and 1 mens.stall.

Kingslug20

I'm going to do my best and ignore all the BS at Stowe..and just ski...yeah..I'm lucky to be able to do it midweek...
Weekends..well by then I'll have 4 or 5 days in between there and SB..so I won't care.

kickstand

Interesting, I’ve never looked into it but those prices are hilarious. I know they’ve taken over the old summit lodge. I see they have their own parking, and that you get line cutting privileges.

Do you know if there’s a bar/tavern in their base lodge? It’s not very big. Just wondering what else all that $ gets you.
No idea. The info online says something about the Alpine Club. I'm assuming that's what you're referring to, but there's zero info about it.

2Planker

We've considered it....
Perks are nice but it's kinda like owning a boat. Way better just to have a couple real good friends with boats...

mbedle

Hunter also has a place, but no priority lift access. For 1 person I believe it is $1,200. Gets you a locker, and parking. That's it. Very overpriced. Used to get coffee and hot chocolate but not during covid, doubt they will bring that back. It is the closet locker room to the lifts, but only by about p50 steps, Those lockers are $300, a bit smaller, and you have to use the public bathrooms. High peaks has 1 womans and 1 mens.stall.
Is that still offered?

mbedle

That company's going to know how often you have sex & take a BM before its done.
Wait a minute. I thought everybody's No. 1 foreplay was viewing trail maps in the Epic Mix app and doesn't everyone check their vertical stats when taking a BM???? So they basically already have that data on me.

catskillman

Really - is it run by Vail? Nothing on the website about it, so I assume its just by word of mouth since Vail took over.
yeah - vail runs it. It is located on the wing where ski patrol and what used to be HR is. Parking is right against the ambulance parking. Last year they were not allowed in that door and had to walk around. Folks were not happy about that.