• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Wachusett Thread (Former RSN Chat Room)

Sky

thetrailboss said:
they were removing snowmaking lines and doing some excavating. Any word as to what this was for?

A quality rumor is...Wa is digging in their terrain features in their park(s).

Not sure to what extent. They've been trying to get the permits for many seasons. Apparently they finally succeeded.

learn2turn

http://sports.groups.yahoo.com/group/skiwa/

Looks like the RSN forum was up for a couple days and then is dead again. There were a few posts from 9/13-9/18 but now there's no place to post once again.

I create a group specific to WA on yahoo but only a couple people have shown up. Kinda ince having a group insted of a single thread as you can then have multiple threads on different topics. Not much of a way to get the word out as people on the Wa site won't find it.

Cool airial picture though.

Sky

learn2turn said:

Looks like the RSN forum was up for a couple days and then is dead again. There were a few posts from 9/13-9/18 but now there's no place to post once again.

I create a group specific to WA on yahoo but only a couple people have shown up.

HOLA L2T! Just registered in your forum. Great photo.

I haven't posted in RSN's forum lately. Guess I better investigate and call Barb M from RSN. What a shame they couldn't Beta test that forum in the time they were down! *smirk*

Marc

Website
www.marcpmc.com
*Bump*

I'll hopefully be riding up to Wa on my road bike this weekend, and up to the summit.

It's a long ride (~90 miles round trip) but worth it. And not as bad if I can find someone to ride with and share the effort.

I'll post some pic's and a trip report if it happens. So far the weather looks agreeable.

Sky

It's pretty sad that the RSN forum is so bad.

In previous years...the Wa forum was totally populated by Columbus Day. People would talk about going to the swap, asking the monitor about getting paid from the sale of dropped-off gear.

Pretty sad indeed.

Marc

Website
www.marcpmc.com
*Bump*

Sky, did you make it up to Wa this past weekend?

I went up with one of my non skiing buddies and picked around the racks for a bit. Most of the good stuff was gone.

There was a pair of Rossy Bandit B2's I considered briefly in the Shop, but the price, while fair was still more than I wanted to pay.

So we went up into the bar at around 3, only ones there, and they only had bottles... but we drank anyway. And actually, 10 or 12 people wandered in and started drinking with us over the course of a couple hours.

Proud to start a trend like that.

:beer:

awf170

Marc said:
There was a pair of Rossy Bandit B2's I considered briefly in the Shop, but the price, while fair was still more than I wanted to pay

Good thing, I dont think I have heard one good thing about those skis, there are way better skis in there catagory you can get

Marc

Website
www.marcpmc.com
Yeah, well I'm really waiting til the end of the season anyway so I can demo some pairs.

Just want a do everything. Doesn't have to excel at anything. Because I don't excel at anything.

Still want to demo the B1 and/or the B2 just for kicks.

But def. won't keep it to just that.

thetrailboss

Staff member
Sorry...after my experience, I'd have a hard time advocating for Wa's ski shop :roll:

Strand's is cool and was very helpful! :beer:

Sky

Marc said:
Sky, did you make it up to Wa this past weekend?

No. :<

We didn't do much over the long weekend. I ended up going to work on Sunday. *dedication*

Anyway, I have not moved on any ski-re;ated purchases yet this year. No gear for daughter yet. None for Mrs Sky (she's actually not too bad off...but I was hoping to re-ignite her interest with updated gear)...and no season passes.

I missed Wa's best price....but for $20 more, I have until 9 Dec to purchase.

Marc

Website
www.marcpmc.com
thetrailboss said:
Sorry...after my experience, I'd have a hard time advocating for Wa's ski shop :roll:

Strand's is cool and was very helpful! :beer:

Hard to screw up pushing buttons on a register isn't it? ;)

Anyway, I've never really dealt with their service guys so I don't know.

The 18-21 year olds that work retail in their shop will usually try to tell me what kind of skier I am and what kind of ski I need, but they're easy to brush off.

What happened to those kids anyway? When I was in my 18-21 years I was full of piss and vinegar. Now I've achieved the ripe age of 23 I've mellowed out some...

Anyway, Sky, yeah the season pass is still fairly cheap. Nothing to pull your hair out over. Don't let the man get you down.

Sky

Boss....how nice of you to keep these threads bubbling to the top.

Pretty slow @ Wa. THey've had their weekend events...but the chat room is pretty dead...and with temps like today's...it's hard to consider snow or snow-maiking!!

I saw that photo of Superstar on another thread in the zone. :<

October snow is a fickle thing apparently.

thetrailboss

Staff member
Sky--

Cubco is in here and we need to get him in on this thread :wink:

Yes, 68 up here today in VT. Can only imagine what it is like down there :roll:

How did the Ski Swap go?

Zand

High here was 65 today. If I know your location correctly, we're higher up than you (1,000'+), so it's kind of expected.

The warmth should go goodbye by next week. I'm kind of enjoying this. 65 isn't a bad temp when you know you can't ski for 2 more weeks.

Sky

re: Cubco...he'll post eventually. He haunmted Wa's site for a long time before he posted there.

Also...I think he's a bit busy pre-season, taking care of business so he can launch once the snow flies and his "work" at the local hill cranks up.

He's always busy from start-up through the holidays...then things get on a glide-path for him.

I PM'd him abouut RC's Cannon TR (and awesome video). I called him the next day and he had seen the TR so....he's around, just not posting I guess.