• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Wachusett Thread (Former RSN Chat Room)

hrstrat57

wa wa

Greg said:
Thanks for the kind words Sky. With the demise of RSN, and with SnowJournal losing some steam as of late, I think AZ has certainly emerged as the premiere forum to discuss Northeast skiing and riding. It's all of you that make this place what it is and for that I thank you...

New member, I'll be in next year on wa if you let me.....posted myriad wa related posts over on epic, same handle. Hooked up with some barking bears for some good days at wa. Hope to hook up with some AZ folks too....

See ya in the fall!

hrstrat57

bvibert

Staff member
hrstrat57 said:
New member, I'll be in next year on wa if you let me.....posted myriad wa related posts over on epic, same handle. Hooked up with some barking bears for some good days at wa. Hope to hook up with some AZ folks too....

See ya in the fall!

hrstrat57
Welcome hrstrat57. You'll find that we're a friendly bunch over here as well. Seems to be quite a few WaWa regulars here too.

BTW, feel free to introduce yourself in our http://forums.alpinezone.com/4938-new-member-introductions-thread.html.

Sky

Wa Cleanup Day

Great day for a hike up the trails and a clean up on aisle 5.

Cubco and I were the only ski pals to hook up. We hiked up Smith to start @ just after 9. We started cleaning in earnest near Upper Smith. Not much trash on the steeps. But the headwalls were loaded with the regular stuff.

Once we got to the summit...we really hit the trash pot. We circled around the summit lift station and into the woods a bit to grap coffee cups and water/gatorade bottles.

We started down Conifer and ran into a couple saying they had filled three bags of trash each on their way up. So we opted for Balance Rock. Took a detour on an old paved raod that lead to the summit. We enjoyed the breeze (and fewer Black FLies) and started back.

It was 1135 by the time we got back tothe lodge. You could smell the food cooking. *drool* So we grabbed our free pass for next year, our BBQ voucher, ate on the deck and called it a day. One gripe...the lift voucher is good till 24 Dec. A change from years past. I don't do the cleanup for the pass...but it's good to have one on hand for a non-pass holder/visitor/pal.

? Does any other mountain do this sort of event? Seems like a great idea.

Spent the rest of the day in my own yard. Finally swapped places with the Lawn Mower/ Snow Blower. New blade ont he mower...changed the oil, and gave it a test run.

A good day.