• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Waterville Valley 1/25/15

4aprice

The boy returned to PSU for his second semester so after Sugarbush Saturday we headed over to Waterville Valley Sunday before dropping him off. It was probably 2 days too early. The White's have not benefitted from the past weeks weather as much as Greens. Hey but I had a good time anyway as any day skiing is better. Didn't get the same early bell start as Saturday but had a little bit of luck because of that. I had planned to hit Valley Run early but the quad went down just as we were coming out so we were forced on to the main quad. Arriving at the top we saw High Country starting to spin and ran over there and grabbed the 3rd chair up for some great cord. Did 3 high speed laps on that, the best snow of the day. Rest of the mountain was pretty beat up. Sunnyside was getting wind swept and very icy, skiers left of the main quad was better. Was windy, cold and getting colder by the hour but it was a nice day to take photo's. Got some photo's to show conditions, one to show the "out of play woods", and one final one cause I like it. Enjoy

DSCF4301_1_.jpg

DSCF4314_1_.jpg

True Grit void of moguls.
DSCF4324_1_.jpg

DSCF4358_1_.jpg

DSCF4355_001_1_.jpg

DSCF4343_1_.jpg

Alex

Lake Hopatcong, NJ

4aprice

Just spoke with the boy. No classes at PSU today so he's up at Waterville. Say's about 6 otg and still snowing. Skiing much better today then it was Sunday.

Alex

Lake Hopatcong, NJ