• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Week of Jan 8th

Riverskier

This isn't directed at any one person, but I feel bad for those that require perfect conditions to go skiing. I have been having a great season despite the weather. Yeah, it's been groomers, but I have been getting outside and having a blast. I hope the snow comes, I can get into the glades, and we see areas 100% open, but in the mean time I am going to keep getting out there, and loving every minute of it!

andrec10

Hyde Park, NY...Hunter on Weekends in the Winter..
This isn't directed at any one person, but I feel bad for those that require perfect conditions to go skiing. I have been having a great season despite the weather. Yeah, it's been groomers, but I have been getting outside and having a blast. I hope the snow comes, I can get into the glades, and we see areas 100% open, but in the mean time I am going to keep getting out there, and loving every minute of it!

+1

Black Phantom

Right on Rs!:fangun::fangun::fangun:

abc

This isn't directed at any one person, but I feel bad for those that require perfect conditions to go skiing.
Funny you should say that! I've been feeling bad about people who had to ski even in such bad conditions! ;)

Now I get to hear the other side of the fence speaking up!8)

I have been having a great season despite the weather. Yeah, it's been groomers, but I have been getting outside and having a blast.
I have been outside just as much. I rode my bike in the same woods that I ski in, had there been snow on them trails! It's a "great season", only it's a mtn bike season instead. :cool:

I hope the snow comes, I can get into the glades, and we see areas 100% open, but in the mean time I am going to keep getting out there, and loving every minute of it
I'm pretty sure the snow WILL come. And when it does, I'll hang up my bike and pull out my skis. I'm in no hurry to do that at the moment given the great biking condition and so-so ski conditionn. I'm enjoying eveyr minute of it too, on a bike!

Though I do agree, if you're going to complain about not skiing, then stop complaining and just go ski.

Or...get on a bike.

snoseek

Agree 100 percent.

At some point it will likely come big and when it does your muscles will be conditioned for it!

BenedictGomez

100% of snowmaking trails?? Or 100% of all trails?? The snowmaking trails hope is reasonable. The total trails might be a bit of a pipedream for many an area

Yeah, I meant the pipedream scenario. But things seem to be improving rapidly.

The gf's nephew hit Smuggs this Monday and conditions were so poor that they gave him a voucher to come back another day. Yet today I see they have 46/78 and more than a few of the "closed trails" are actually glades. Temps have been low enough to make snow 24/7 all week, plus they picked up 5 or 6 natural in the last 3 or 4 days, so minus the glades, I think there's reason to think MAYBE some places will be 100% open for MLK Saturday. Hope for snow.
emoticon-object-024.gif

jaja111

Hell ya!

(the only downside has been the amount of ptex I've had to burn lately and file sharpening from deburring edges).

John W

Hey now!! I grew up in the Bronx and I did ski there and it was fun dangit!! Still not as good as Bronx pizza though:razz:

Bill get out and ahve some pizza will ya:flame:

jrmagic. You skied in the bx...??? What year was that?. Ansd was it in van crtlnd pk.

John W

Going to elk tomorrow for my third trip of. The. Season total. Skiing from noon till 10 pm is pretty excellent!! Get out there as muCh as you can while you can. And stop busting billski's chops. I love all the Weather talk

Chinalfr

No ski for me this week. Trying to recoupe after 3 weeks of skiing.

Next week, we'll probably head up to pats peak for pops night. It's MLK weekend, probably back to Attitash for some action too.

Sent from my iPhone 5.

hammer

Hate to be a downer, but with the NCP forecast for this week things don't look too good for MLK weekend...:sad: