• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Weekend 4/2 - Jay Peak

Jcb890

Anyone planning to ski/ride Jay Peak this weekend or next week? Myself and a couple of buddies will be up there riding from 4/3 - 4/7.

MG Skier

I was just there for Friday Saturday of Easter. Saw lots of different weather and conditions. Saturday was great. I have a friend up there said yesterday was a great powder day. Lets hope the weekend weather event pans out to stretch the season as far as possible. May consider a mid week visit if conditions hold up.

Jcb890

Does anyone know any awesome food/drink places not on the Jay property worth driving for to get a lunch/dinner/drinks? I've only been up to the area once for a day trip. Thanks in advance!

crank

Lago Trattoria in Newport is the only awesome place. It's about a 20-25 minute drive and is well worth if for dinner. Bellfry just up 242 towards Montgomery is cozy and decent...nice little bar area.

MG Skier

Does anyone know any awesome food/drink places not on the Jay property worth driving for to get a lunch/dinner/drinks? I've only been up to the area once for a day trip. Thanks in advance!

I am a pub food guy, that being said I have had some specials at the Jay Village In that were Outstanding....right at the crossroads of 242 and Cross St, directly across from the Jay Country Store. I have heard the Belfrey is a step up, but I didn't make it there last trip....havent been much further than that, but there is a great fried clam shack on the way to Lowell, I grab a fried dinner in the spring when I drive up in early-mid April.

VTKilarney

There are a couple of excellent places in Magog if you are willing to travel that far, including a fondue place.

Jcb890

There are a couple of excellent places in Magog if you are willing to travel that far, including a fondue place.

I have no clue how far that is, but we may be down to travel a bit. We probably won't have too much else to do anyways.

fbrissette

Magog is a solid 40 minutes away not counting border crossing. Lots of options, including fancy ones.

Close to Jay - three excellent options - Belfry, Jay Tavern (kinda greekish) and Bernie's. My favorite is Bernie's especially on Mexican night. The place is a bit rundown, but food is always really. The owners and chef live in the building. The first two are down 242 and Bernie's is in Montgomery, just past First Trax.

LONGBOARDR

Magog is a solid 40 minutes away not counting border crossing. Lots of options, including fancy ones.

Close to Jay - three excellent options - Belfry, Jay Tavern (kinda greekish) and Bernie's. My favorite is Bernie's especially on Mexican night. The place is a bit rundown, but food is always really. The owners and chef live in the building. The first two are down 242 and Bernie's is in Montgomery, just past First Trax.

I second that, Bernies is the best. Mexican is always great monday & thursday. Just as good are sunday nite's for homemade turkey dinner with all trimmings. For 10 bucks, awesome!
John the owner and Bernie his wife do ALL the cooking.

deadheadskier

Staff member
BITD Zack's in Montgomery was where I liked to go. Great food. Was sad to hear of his passing a few years back.

Jcb890

I second that, Bernies is the best. Mexican is always great monday & thursday. Just as good are sunday nite's for homemade turkey dinner with all trimmings. For 10 bucks, awesome!
John the owner and Bernie his wife do ALL the cooking.

Mexican there on Monday sounds awesome. Thanks guys!

dlague

Lago Trattoria in Newport is the only awesome place. It's about a 20-25 minute drive and is well worth if for dinner. Bellfry just up 242 towards Montgomery is cozy and decent...nice little bar area.

Le Belvedere and East Side in Newport are good too! Both overlook Lake Memphremagog!

catsup948

Bernies is great! I had a full homemade delicous thanksgiving dinner when I was there last time.

LONGBOARDR

Totally awesome so many folks on this forum support the local establishments where they ski-ride

Bravo Zulu!