• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

What does everybody do for a living???

wa-loaf

My first attempt at humor was taken wrong by her...

I guess we all need to assume folks are being funny in their posts. Myself included. :beer:

Hats off to the teachers.

mishka

Self-employed industrial insulation for about 14 years on my own.
when I have projects usually 40 hours a week. Sometimes I have not too many projects which make very flexible schedule midweek:daffy:

deadheadskier

Staff member
Bump

For the new Azers or those who have changed occupations

me? still the same deal, slingin' meat

Moe Ghoul

I'm too young to say retired and too able bodied to say unemployable. I had a law practice for 10 years and a bar/restaurant that I sold out 7 years ago. So, now I'm self-employed according to the IRS, lol.

Bump

For the new Azers or those who have changed occupations

me? still the same deal, slingin' meat

I still work for my Dads company selling tombstones..I'm mostly in the office but I also help out with deliveries when an extra set of hands are needed for big jobs that we can't crane. The longer I've been at this job..the more I enjoy it as I learn all the different aspects of the business. We're on pace for our best year ever which should means a mad steezy year end bonus to help pay for the 08-09 ski season. I'm very lucky that my work is only 2 miles from my apartment. The main thing for me is to put myself into my customers shoes and help them design a beautiful tribute to a loved one. I recently added a bunch of nice testimonials to our website which helps us attract more funeral directors to sell for us. I eventually want to start my own business..possibily some sort of e-commerce site..

deadheadskier

Staff member
I still work for my Dads company selling tombstones..I'm mostly in the office but I also help out with deliveries when an extra set of hands are needed for big jobs that we can't crane. The longer I've been at this job..the more I enjoy it as I learn all the different aspects of the business. We're on pace for our best year ever which should means a mad steezy year end bonus to help pay for the 08-09 ski season. I'm very lucky that my work is only 2 miles from my apartment. The main thing for me is to put myself into my customers shoes and help them design a beautiful tribute to a loved one. I recently added a bunch of nice testimonials to our website which helps us attract more funeral directors to sell for us. I eventually want to start my own business..possibily some sort of e-commerce site..

steezymonuments.com?

steezymonuments.com?

If you want to see our website..PM me and I'll send you a link..we've been doing alot of community projects recently including a 20 foot high statue commemerating a Civil War hero. We got on NBC news for that one..mad steezy yo..and right now we're working on a 22 crypt Mauseleum..

hardline

Somewhere Between the Toeside and the Hellside
i am a partner at a design firm in NYC. most of the time we design resturants, nightclubs/bar, and hotels and resorts. i am the senior systems integration engineer. that basically means i make things sound good, lighted correctly, video plays right and the system will make the client money. we also do a lot of product design for which i do most of the 3D modeling. i also work as a A/V consultant for companies that are not in the metro area and are not direct competitors with us. i really like my job, unfortunatly there is very little seperation between my personal life and work. 50% of my work is actual work the 50% is just playing with expensive toys.

deadheadskier

Staff member
i am a partner at a design firm in NYC. most of the time we design resturants, nightclubs/bar, and hotels and resorts. i am the senior systems integration engineer. that basically means i make things sound good, lighted correctly, video plays right and the system will make the client money. we also do a lot of product design for which i do most of the 3D modeling. i also work as a A/V consultant for companies that are not in the metro area and are not direct competitors with us. i really like my job, unfortunatly there is very little seperation between my personal life and work. 50% of my work is actual work the 50% is just playing with expensive toys.

what restaurants in the city has your firm designed? what was your degree at UVM to get into such a field? sounds like fun

hardline

Somewhere Between the Toeside and the Hellside
what restaurants in the city has your firm designed? what was your degree at UVM to get into such a field? sounds like fun
some of the clubs/resturants in the last 2 years are:

the manor
PM
Home
Hudson Terrace
Kelly and ping
Society Coffee house
a bunch of private residences
currently
webster hall
Vintage/Sidebar corner of 15th and irving
HK Resturant
HK Lounge
Society Bar and lounge
There are two new hotels we aren't allowed to talk about just yet.

Freelance:
a new performing arts space in north salt lake
and a resturant/bar downtown in atlanta

if you had asked me when i was at the U i could never have imagined i would we be where i am. the art education did do any thing for me. i also went to dervy for tcom and to stevens tech for electronic engineering and took a bunch physics. one day i would like to get my masters in phyisics (the only math that ever made sense to me). did a bunch of touring as a DJ, systems tech, and lighting tech.

i think the biggest factor was the fact that i was ADD/Hyperactive before they started giving the kids all these drugs. my parents just told me to go outside and play. i have always just done what makes me happy(for the most part).

krisskis

Im sure most of you know what i do from my other posts. I am a pediatric nurse in a large county hospital in nassau county :) <figure that one out, long islanders> I work mostly in the general pediatric ward but go to the ER and peds ICU when needed. I work 3 night shifts a week, 7pm to 7:40am. Occasionally do OT but most of the time i think better of it :) Been here going on 20 yrs...i was a youngin' when i started...and i will probably never leave. I love bedside nursing and never wanted to do any type of administration work. My nurse manager recently retired and they asked if i wanted the position....hell no...i saw what this place did to her.

Beetlenut

I'm a Software Engineer for a Naval Submarine research lab in Newport,RI. It's interesting work. I'm a civilian, and I work in the Tomahawk Missiles division. I work 40 hrs a week and work at home one day, hopefully going to two soon.

Oh, and I also kill kittens on the side!

Did you know if you die in your house, your cat will eat you!:-?