• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

What $hit show!

Puck it

With the limited terrain everyone has and vacation, trails are packed with no lines. Cannon was just ludicrous today.

Cannonball

"regular" customers made up a small portion of the problem. Frigg'n FSC, Holderness, and other race clubs made it brutal. I understand that they are stuck with the same limited terrain we are but there should be some consideration given to everyone else. For example if it's cool for them to take over whole terrain areas during the mid-season, then it should be equally cool to exclude them from general areas during early-season.

ss20

A minute from the Alta exit off the I-15!
"regular" customers made up a small portion of the problem. Frigg'n FSC, Holderness, and other race clubs made it brutal. I understand that they are stuck with the same limited terrain we are but there should be some consideration given to everyone else. For example if it's cool for them to take over whole terrain areas during the mid-season, then it should be equally cool to exclude them from general areas during early-season.

At Mount Snow last week I talked to a nice girl who races at Berkshire East. She said all the race teams are heading north for training. Everything south of Jiminy Peak is still closed... all of metropolitan race teams that need to practice are going north.

wtcobb

There was a huge line even on Brookside. Skied with Adaptive this morning and had some nervous moments as the trail got crowded. After the lesson I took just two runs on my own before calling it quits.

Glenn

This is why we by season passes with blackout dates. Even when conditions are better, it's far too crowded. Now with limited terrain, totally not worth it.

Scruffy

Sorry to disagree, but I was at K-ton the past two days, and while it was crowded on VERY limited terrain, the skiing was good and I was happy to be there. I usually do not ski the week between Xmas and New Years, because of the crowds, but this year, I just had to go since I haven't been out much prior to this week. It was better than nothing and it's about dialing back your expectations. The lift lines were long, sometimes, and the single line was your friend. At times today, it was ski right on the Super Star chair.

witch hobble

Busted my binding's cable assembly (better than a collarbone I guess) on about my 10th turn just before Spookie. Cobbed it together and Snowplowed and side slipped down the rest of the way amidst the chaos. Didn't feel too bad about sitting out while my daughter took a few more runs, all things considered.

Hopefully they made some $. I'm gonna lay low and wait for some midweek non holiday action.

Tin

I was struck by a skier for the first time today (Yes, I was a raging asshole to a 15 year old racer who blamed me for standing on the side of the trail "in the way of his jump") then 50' later my GF was hit by a border. Happy conditions were good, made up for it.

Lay low time.

chuckstah

Planned on Cannon resident day today. Then it was cancelled, with no explanation. Sounds like a good call with limited terrain open, but it should be communicated. Friends at SR reported a complete shit show there as well. Opted to stay home. Lots of business is being lost due to this shit weather.

yeggous

Wildcat was a shitshow yesterday morning too. No real line, but everyone converged on Lynx. People were falling in each other's laps. It felt like skiing southern Vermont. The afternoon was much, much better. Lots of people quit from fatigue and the challenge of bumps. They opened Polecat to the bottom which doubled the terrain. Soft bumps made it an amazing playground.

I skied with the adaptive program today at Attitash. It wasn't too bad on the slopes, but there was a line in the learning center. The snow was soft and held up all day where I was.

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone mobile app

yeggous

Ugh... that's what I was concerned about. Is there any reason to think it will be better tomorrow? Hate to have my kids miss another day of their seasonal program, but if it's likely to be a repeat of what today apparently was, then I think we'll have to stay home....

I waited until just a little while ago to check the snow report, crossing my fingers that they announced an opening of new terrain, but no. Not just reopening top to bottom with upper cannon, but NEW TERRAIN.

I keep telling myself it will get better soon... it will, RIGHT?!?!?!

Tomorrow will be much worse. Reservations are much higher.

deadheadskier

Staff member
Any chance Upper Catapult opens for Friday? How did the snowmaking production look like today on top of the natural snow from yesterday

Quietman

Crotched didn't look bad at all today from the webcam. They have 2 TTB runs open, no beginner except the carpet. I will be there in the next day or 2.

yeggous

Any chance Upper Catapult opens for Friday? How did the snowmaking production look like today on top of the natural snow from yesterday

For Friday? Possible but I have no information. I was at Attitash today and will be there tomorrow. My employer provides two paid volunteer days per year and I am spending them with the adaptive program.