• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

What in the world is going on at wildcat…

IceEidolon

I wouldn't expect state intervention without a broader antitrust action or an actual closure announcement.

machski

Unless Vail completely flops on Sunapee, state will do nothing. If Vail makes a mess of Sunapee and doesn't service that well, that may spark the Ire of NH politicians. Sunapee is after still a State Park Vail leases from the state.

Mainer

Anybody hear that wildcats few snow makers all walked off the job today

drjeff

Unless Vail completely flops on Sunapee, state will do nothing. If Vail makes a mess of Sunapee and doesn't service that well, that may spark the Ire of NH politicians. Sunapee is after still a State Park Vail leases from the state.
As long as the Sununu family is running Waterville Valley and is in the Governors Office in Concord, on some level I would think that if other resorts in NH aren't firing on all cylinders, that they won't mind. Especially with that new bubble 6 going in at WV for next season and the expansion potentially being talked about down to the village

Mainer

Or they have no one to shut off the guns🤷‍♂️. The post the other day saying that patrol and ski school were helping with snowmaking didn’t sound good though. Wildcat used to get a lot of employees from the Gorham/Berlin area, what happened?

thebigo

As long as the Sununu family is running Waterville Valley and is in the Governors Office in Concord, on some level I would think that if other resorts in NH aren't firing on all cylinders, that they won't mind. Especially with that new bubble 6 going in at WV for next season and the expansion potentially being talked about down to the village
Fortunately NH is not CT.

thetrailboss

Staff member
Or they have no one to shut off the guns🤷‍♂️. The post the other day saying that patrol and ski school were helping with snowmaking didn’t sound good though. Wildcat used to get a lot of employees from the Gorham/Berlin area, what happened?
Vail. That is what happened.

machski

Here we are again. They do own Waterville, but are not actively running the resort currently. White Peaks was definitely long due for replacement (it is a very early Poma HSQ and not really supported any longer) and being that they went with MND for that company's first NA Detach install, I bet they got a huge discount. Plus, they need to try and keep up with Boyne at Loon. Kanc 8 is likely only the tip of the iceberg on upgraded bubble chairs there.

Hockeyski1998

Really hope that’s not the case… I’m thinking of deferring my pass for this year at this rate. Also have the ikon which I can hit SR, Loon. Cannon is a possibility as well

snoseek

Really hope that’s not the case… I’m thinking of deferring my pass for this year at this rate. Also have the ikon which I can hit SR, Loon. Cannon is a possibility as well
Can you still defer for any reason? If so yeah you probably should.

Also are they seriously not making snow today in this cold? Man things are really broken...I hope it snows in January so I can get up there.