• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

What in your opinion is the best ski mountain in NH?

S

skiingmatty5

the best mountain in NH i would say im Wildcat. Does anyone else agree?

riverc0il

Website
www.thesnowway.com
cannon. wildcat used to be my favorite, but cannon has so much more to offer imo.

NH is great because there are so many different ski areas that offer different things for different people. everyone has a different favorite because so many different areas do different things so well. i don't think there will be much agreement between posters on what area is "the best," i think we all have our favorites though and that's good.

Skier71787

Website
www.timberlaneskiteam.org
Wildcat is currently my favorite. I guess the only thing that i could ask more of from Wildcat is more challenging terrain, but Thompson Brook is a handful i must admit. I do see where Cannon could be a favorite because of the challenging terrain and wide trails. I've only been there once and it was a horrible experience. I only slept for 3 hours the night before so i could not hold an edge if my life depended on it. The conditions were like a sheet of ice. But with a nice snowfall, Cannon would be really fun.

Charlie Schuessler

I haven't done this in many years but in ski trails at Mount Cardigan are some of the sweetest trails...

I'm going to have to go play there this winter and try some telegear with the AMC folks.

Greg

Staff member
I'm almost embarassed to admit that I've only been to three NH ski areas (BW, Loon, and WV). With that said, I'd have to say I like Loon the best out of the three I've visited. I will definitely be trying Cannon this year though.

T

trailbiscuit

Depends on what you're looking for...
To just ski...Wildcat.
For the full resort experience...Bretton Woods.
To work up a sweat and earn 'em...Hillmans Highway.

Don't even get me started on skinny ski options.

thetrailboss

Staff member
Well, it depends on what you are looking for. I have visited the following NH resorts:

Bretton Woods
Cannon
Cranmore
Attitash
Tenney
Sunapee
Pat's Peak

I've had good days at all of the above, but in terms of the mountain and terrain, Cannon gets two thumbs up (assuming that it is not too icy). I've had one great day and one bad one. :-?

Sunapee gets high marks for our visit in March 2004, but the terrain started to all seem the same.

Pat's Peak gets good grades for being a fun place with great service and good snowmaking. Did I mention the great night skiing? :p

Terry

Favorite NH mountain

I would have to say Wildcat. The spring skiing and the scenery are just totally awesome.

S

smallberries

Another vote for Cannon. I actually like the way their trail layout makes absolutely no sense!